Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a new master set being released in the future?

This just in...I can't read. Thanks, KC!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckWilde View Post
    We also don't know the timeline. Is this supposed to be sooner or later? I thought that the next Summoner Wars product wouldn't come out until after all the Second Summoners came out, but this news makes me question that.

EDIT: This could be one of the 5 new titles Colby was teasing that he wanted released at GenCON. Dead of Winter, Seafall, Video Game High School, Downwood Tales and this one, maybe?
    Seafall will hit Kickstarter first. Last I heard it was not super far into playtesting, so Gencon does not appear to be in the picture, unfortunately. Dead of Winter seems likely. Would love to see Downwood Tales, too.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Well I gotta say i like continous SW releases, and I'll continue doing so until I feel the releases are declining in quality. So far I havent seen that at all, and in fact I feel SS have been your best works yet

I second the view that it really isnt adding *THAT MANY* new cards into the game when compared to another card game. Each new Summoner adds 6 units (3 commons, 3 champions) and about 4/5 event cards and itself. So, about 96 cards. An LCG from Fantasy Flight adds 20 new cards every month, a CCG adds in 120 every few months.

I think people really need to rethink how they introduce people into the game. You dont need to buy everything to play competitively, you dont have to play the decks in the order they were released. With the exception of a very few decks, I feel like I could take any base deck and wreck with it. Then you can look at all the stuff available and realize that it isnt like another card game, where the expansions are critical. The expansions in this game are gravy on top of already delicious thanksgiving turkey.

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

Moar podcast topics
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    Moar podcast topics
    That's the best reason I have heard so far.

I think this is really cool news, I'm excited to see so much speculation about the hybrid factions.

Maybe there will be two summoners on one card like the duo figs in Heroclix.

Responding to the negativity: There are only two things PHG could do to SW to piss me off. The first would be to make it collectible, either by letting products go permanently out of print, or with blind purchases. The second thing would be incorporating DnD units, hehehe.
    Never heard of her?!? It's the car that did the Cannonball run in less than 0.0000000000015645847216634030102578805262265 parsecs!

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    The second thing would be incorporating DnD units, hehehe.
    This comment made my day.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

There was a time after Rallul was released that I was thrown by the complexity the game had achieved. So many combinations, predictability thrown out the window.

Then I got over it.

Now Hybrid Summoners! And I agree, this is the most excited I've been for an expansion in a long time.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by esper88 View Post
    Now Hybrid Summoners! And I agree, this is the most excited I've been for an expansion in a long time.
    Wow. You don't even know what it is. Good news Colby!

I am also excited, but I was expressing my concerns if the Hybrid summoners are all new factions. I'm personally hoping it's an expansion to the 4 player rules, as I would love to be able to play more SW with my friends at once. I also would like to see units that can be built into 2 different factions, that are a mix of the styles of the factions they can join.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast