Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there a new master set being released in the future?

Default Is there a new master set being released in the future?

On the dice tower twitter feed they reported a summoner wars alliances hybrid master set is coming out at some point. Does anyone know if this has been confirmed by PHG?

The complete Tweet:

Plaid Hat Games: Summoner Wars Alliances - new Master Set box with 8 New Hybrid factions and storage for everything to date. GenCon #GTS2014

Sounds very interesting. What are hybrid factions???

Quote Originally Posted by mjje View Post
    The complete Tweet:

Plaid Hat Games: Summoner Wars Alliances - new Master Set box with 8 New Hybrid factions and storage for everything to date. GenCon #GTS2014

I would say that clearly they are decks that mix two factions together given the word "alliances". There are 16 factions and 8 decks sink would say each deck is a mix of two different factions. Are there 2 summoners per deck? I would assume so. Is it meant to be played 2v2? I assume maybe? The storage solution might contain 2 boards if that's the case. I also assume that PHG will be talking about this very soon in a podcast episode. We might have to wait a couple weeks though as I think Colby skipped out on a recent podcast recording given Alex's tweets.

More SW! #Exciting.
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

Quote Originally Posted by mjje View Post
    The complete Tweet:

The most exciting part of that tweet, (and the part of it I know nothing about) is "storage for everything to date." WOOHOO!

FYI the alliances are with other great games of this age. So there's a Puerto Rico faction with the Governer Summoner, the Twilight Struggle faction with the Ronald Reagan summoner, and of course the Monopoly faction with the Uncle Pennybags summoner.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Hmm interesting. I wonder if this will be a part of the main game or a vraint. also notable is that 8 hybrids means an allaince for each faction?so from recent bios we could have cloaks and sand goblins, vanguard and mountain vargath, and who else?

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    Hmm interesting. I wonder if this will be a part of the main game or a vraint. also notable is that 8 hybrids means an allaince for each faction?so from recent bios we could have cloaks and sand goblins, vanguard and mountain vargath, and who else?
    Fallen Kingdom seemed to be allied with Prince Elien and the Filth. Possibly Deep Dwarves and Benders?

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    Might wanna check Mad Sirian's bio. I seem to remember he had a visitor, but Ret-Talus has visited many factions and tried to form alliances (like the Filth, as Iris mentions above). Hmmm...
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Great news!

Just one little thing... The second summoners of the rest of the factions are still on their way, right? I read somewhere the sales were being a little disappointing, but I love and want all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Curropepe View Post
    Great news!

Just one little thing... The second summoners of the rest of the factions are still on their way, right? I read somewhere the sales were being a little disappointing, but I love and want all of them.
    Yes the second summoners for the master set, mercs, and filth are still coming.
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

Guys. I bought new packs of mayday chimera penny sleeves and they fit again
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast