Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A deck guide per summoner

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I've read your JE assessment, and it's nice, though there are some things I'd like to point out.

1. Archers are great - Archers are quite possibly one of the best common units Abua has, because of that ability. CoH is an event that you idolize, and I agree with you, because of archers. One of the biggest problems assassination has is that most summoners need multiple shots to take down, and most players won't leave their summoner open after you send a Lioneer in. Archers with CoH can very easily slay an enemy summoner who thought he was safe. Lioneers and Archers are two commons I don't think Assassination Abua could compete without.

2. Chant of Life - Chant of Life is an event that you don't seem to like, and I get it. I would tend to agree with you, as it's not particularly useful playing assassination. However, it is still a great card, and to understand why, you need to understand that the JE can do more than just assassinate. Defensive, champ heavy JE is not only viable, but popular and very effective. Here, CoL is not only good, but necessary. It allows Ru to hold her own under the heavy pressure of champions who cost 2 or 3 more and have almost twice as much life. It allows Shikwa, in conjunction with CoG, to become a 4AV Ranged, 9 life monster. And on your favorite champ, Miti, it allows you to slaughter your opposition.
    Archers are one of my favorite units in the game!

Also Waterd, that's interesting because I tend to use everything but CoL. I find it clogs my hand too much just waiting to use it.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    Archers are one of my favorite units in the game!

Also Waterd, that's interesting because I tend to use everything but CoL. I find it clogs my hand too much just waiting to use it.
    CoL is autobuild 80% of the time for players like me, who are aggressive and need to sustain a good build rate. For defensive players, like Waterd, it's absolutely vital. The JE are uniquely suited in that they, like no other faction, possess the ability to switch between champ heavy/common heavy and aggressive/defensive with the same deckbuild. They have a plethora of commons and champs that can do either very well. Ru is great on defense, Shikwa on offense, Miti on either. The events are the real star though. Defensive and Champ Heavy play benefits heavily from CoL, as does aggressive and common heavy play with CoH. CoD, CoN, and CoS can do either with equally good results.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    CoL is autobuild 80% of the time for players like me, who are aggressive and need to sustain a good build rate. For defensive players, like Waterd, it's absolutely vital. The JE are uniquely suited in that they, like no other faction, possess the ability to switch between champ heavy/common heavy and aggressive/defensive with the same deckbuild. They have a plethora of commons and champs that can do either very well. Ru is great on defense, Shikwa on offense, Miti on either. The events are the real star though. Defensive and Champ Heavy play benefits heavily from CoL, as does aggressive and common heavy play with CoH. CoD, CoN, and CoS can do either with equally good results.
    I say the CL can switch between the two pretty seamlessly. And I have always said that Abua's events are among the strongest and among my favorite in the game.
    TurtleCross Beta Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Khayzhard View Post
    Colgha, the Fern Magician
    Champion of the Rulebreakers
    Cost 6 AV 2 (bow) LP 4
    Master Ritualist
    As long as Colgha is on the Battlefield, Perpetual Events played by you cost 1 additional Magic Card to discard, AND, you can have 2 Perpetual Events in play at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncleeurope View Post
    I am attempting to understand how it could be taken that I would, in any scenario, even THINK about making fun of Colgha. Who happens to be one of my favorite companions.

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU! View Post
    #2, the summon cost formula you have is correct, except you have to include that it is -4 for mutations. And the name is SSSCF (Super Simple Summon Cost Formula)
    That's pretty subjective, actually, you shouldn't be telling newbs that it's fact. They're definitely a -3 like champs, but to say they're -4 is to say their abilities are all +1's, which is clear in some cases (Horror/Claw) but not in others.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

I noticed one small mistake on Ret-Talus; Skeleton Archers are a 66% to deny magic. You dont (as Joseph pointed out with JE archers) seem to appreciate the 1/1/1r commons, which I find is common around here but always been disapointing to me, I find most of those units universally useful for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Colgha View Post
    I say the CL can switch between the two pretty seamlessly. And I have always said that Abua's events are among the strongest and among my favorite in the game.
    The CL can do it too, but Abua has the uncanny ability to switch between the two without a single stutter, provided he has some events left. I feel that with my JE deck, I could do nothing more to optimize it for defense or offense. With the CL, it can be a bit more clunky at times, especially switching from defense to offense. Abua's events are very underrated, I think. They are all very powerful in many situations, and work so well with his units.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

True, it isn't something that everyone necessarily agrees on. However, I'd say Claw's ability makes him have 5 attack about 80% of the time, and 4 attack most of the other 20%. This makes him undercosted even with -4. Spew is basically a 3/3/3R unit, which makes him exactly at a -4, and I'd call him a pretty average mutation. Of the greater flight units (Rahlee and Archangel), Rahlee probably is like 1.5 overcosted, and Archie .5 overcosted, meaning greater flight is approximately +.5, though I'd say it is better on units with higher attack, making -4 about accurate for winged too. I've always said each mutation tool you lose is basically a 1 magic loss (I'm surprised how accurate this one is when trying to judge who is winning midgame), so absorption needs to save 2 mutations to be worth it in general according to this SCF, which I would agree with. I could go on, but I don't think anyone would read it if I did. The point is, I think -4 is accurate for mutations in general, and I'd say it is more accurate than -3 for champs or -2 for commons can be. Opinions may vary though.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Bálđur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

You can easily make a case for it being -4, it's just still subjective at this point. I've gone mutant by mutant below with me subjective opinion:

(Higher numbers mean they're better than the average champ of the same cost)
    Absorption: 0
    Bestial: +1
    Claw: +1 (3 attack would be baseline, easily above that)
    Corpulent Mutant: 0 (needs to negate around 3/4 wounds to break even)
    Edible Mutant: 0 (1 attack units are not properly represented in SSCF)
    Horror: +1
    Incanter Mutant: 0 (Hard to gauge since there are no champs this cheap.)
    Spew: 0 (Not equivalent to 3 attack, equivalent to 2 and change with no ability)
    Stoneflesh: 0
    Tentacle: +1
    Void: 0
    Winged: +1

Newbies:
    Barbed: 0
    Bone: 0 (probably like +.5)
    Burrow: 0
    Grotesque: 0
    Legion: 0
    Poison: +1

Mutants are definitely more likely to be undercosted than the average unit, but not consistently enough to qualify for the -4, imo.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by esper88 View Post
    You can easily make a case for it being -4, it's just still subjective at this point. I've gone mutant by mutant below with me subjective opinion:

(Higher numbers mean they're better than the average champ of the same cost)
    Absorption: 0
    Bestial: +1
    Claw: +1 (3 attack would be baseline, easily above that)
    Corpulent Mutant: 0 (needs to negate around 3/4 wounds to break even)
    Edible Mutant: 0 (1 attack units are not properly represented in SSCF)
    Horror: +1
    Incanter Mutant: 0 (Hard to gauge since there are no champs this cheap.)
    Spew: 0 (Not equivalent to 3 attack, equivalent to 2 and change with no ability)
    Stoneflesh: 0
    Tentacle: +1
    Void: 0
    Winged: +1

Newbies:
    Barbed: 0
    Bone: 0 (probably like +.5)
    Burrow: 0
    Grotesque: 0
    Legion: 0
    Poison: +1

Mutants are definitely more likely to be undercosted than the average unit, but not consistently enough to qualify for the -4, imo.
    Corpulent will on average tank 7.5 damage meaning he is +1 easily. Spew has average damage of nearly 2 so he is indeed equal to 3 AV. Edible has stats of 7 magic so he's also +1. So I agree with Tau. Btw greater flight on arch angle seems to cost +2 magic.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker View Post
    Corpulent will on average tank 7.5 damage meaning he is +1 easily. Spew has average damage of nearly 2 so he is indeed equal to 3 AV. Edible has stats of 7 magic so he's also +1. So I agree with Tau. Btw greater flight on arch angle seems to cost +2 magic.
    Where are you getting that figure for corp? Too many variables to make a call like that so I'm interested.

Units with 1 attack do not obey the SSCF as written, which is why Edible is regarded as a weaker unit (can't get a +1 if nobody wants to use you). Also why Corp's effectiveness isn't so cut and dry, as he's just a segue into a better unit the following turn.

As for Spew, again, 2 attack and change with no ability. Having an ability that increases attack means you can't have an ability to go above and beyond with. Spew compared to Seer it's kind of a wash, slight advantage Spew.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast