Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Playdek Ascension players?

I don't have any of the expansions actually. I play Acension sparingly. I like it, but I generally have a big complaint about the center row mechanic and the lack of equal options there. I tend to prefer other deckbuilders.

With that being said if the expansions aren't that costly I'd be down. Otherwise I'm in the base game only boat right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

I only have base game myself.

EDIT: I just sent you both a request for a base game. Lets see if that works...
    Last edited by Uncleeurope; 03-06-2014 at 08:36 PM.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

That worked, UE.

As for cost of exps, Ranoir, they are all in the app, so you can see them there. I think more of them helps even out the center row a bit with other options, but still, it can be an "issue," but one I don't mind too badly for such a fairly quick game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratrea View Post
    I have the three expansions. Where do I find the game? (aka, what's your playdek ID?)
    My ID is JYoder77, what's yours?

My Playdek ID is Aratrea

The lack of equal card options makes Ascension somewhat like drafting a CCG. When there is a clearly better card that doesn't fit the current player's deck well he is faced with choosing it just to deny his opponent who could utilize it well or taking something more effective for his personal deck. It's why center row banishing cards are usually a high priority for me, so I can control what options my opponent has without having to take bad picks myself.

My Playdek ID is Adam Palma if anyone ever wants to throw out a challenge. I have all the expansions, including the latest, super wacky one. I have probably played close to 3,000 games by now. One more couldn't hurt.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Adam and Aratrea, I invited you to our own game with the 3 other exps, which I assume you also have, Aratrea.

Quote Originally Posted by JYoder View Post
    That worked, UE.

As for cost of exps, Ranoir, they are all in the app, so you can see them there. I think more of them helps even out the center row a bit with other options, but still, it can be an "issue," but one I don't mind too badly for such a fairly quick game.
    I don't mind the center row mechanic terribly either, but it's what pulls the game down for me. In person I play Domnion or Thunderstone very readily over Ascension as I far prefer both of those games. I'll play rounds of Ascension though and it is fun, but I don't love it. Probably something like a 6-7 for me--a game I enjoy playing time to time but don't really need to own.

Also I've been working on updating the app and trying to get into some games with you guys...but it's taking a bit. I'm still on an iphone 4 with 8 gigs and it's really starting to slow down...plus with all the games and apps I have I didn't have room to update...basically I'm having to do some reorganization and deletion of some of the excess games to get this thing running well again. I should be joined and playing by the end of the day. If it works well I'm open to playing several more games.

Finally if the expansions really do help mitigate the center row mechanic a bit, I'm completely for them. I might check them out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

UE already set us up with a base only game. All you need to do is accept it and we'll start. (After you update the app.)

I'm familiar with all the expansions. What don't you like about the center row, Ranior? I might be able to help.
    Your mom's a cat!

JYoder stole my child!

Starchild is one of my favorite cards.

Good game!
    Your mom's a cat!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast