Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Summoner Wars Blog: The Summoner's Lab

Despite the name of his power, Stink is pretty much the least luck-based unit in the game. He reduces variance once he hits the board.

My guess (just a guess) is that Slayers, not bombers, were the third high-powered common ITL was referencing. And I think you underestimate Sand Wyrm - there are a number of situations (summon and burrow under a wall to hit a summoner with no guards, summon to kill off a melee champ rush on your end, wall-killing) where it's an extremely efficient unit.

As I have talked with TAU before on this topic I know the units he is referring too (not that I agree)

OP
    Kreep, Biter, Wyrm, Silts
    javs, Shams, Slayers

Balanced? UP?
    Tark, Stink
    Bombers, Scavengers

Again, I disagree.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

Quote Originally Posted by dok View Post
    And I think you underestimate Sand Wyrm - there are a number of situations (summon and burrow under a wall to hit a summoner with no guards, summon to kill off a melee champ rush on your end, wall-killing) where it's an extremely efficient unit.
    Sand Wyrm can't burrow under Walls, just Units -- Walls go way too deep, of course. My personal favorite is to set him to crush a Wall from the frontside. To stop him, enemies have to get into the kill zone.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ranged units? Do you mean you combo with Duck n Cover? I hadn't thought of that one, might up his durability some.

Hmm, could keep diagonally adjacent from commons so you can taunt to pull units into that maw of his. All this requires a specific hand, though. I don't like holding cards to try to force that sort of thing. Still though, willing to experiment. Really like Sandworm just can't cost him vs. other Sand Gob Champs.

Quote Originally Posted by dok View Post
    Despite the name of his power, Stink is pretty much the least luck-based unit in the game. He reduces variance once he hits the board.

My guess (just a guess) is that Slayers, not bombers, were the third high-powered common ITL was referencing. And I think you underestimate Sand Wyrm - there are a number of situations (summon and burrow under a wall to hit a summoner with no guards, summon to kill off a melee champ rush on your end, wall-killing) where it's an extremely efficient unit.
    Believe me, I know Sand Wyrm very well. My main SG deckbuild has Biter, Sand Wyrm, and Tark. The thing is, 6 life just isn't a lot when you have a unit up in the front lines. Every faction has ways to land tons of dice on a unit that gets too far ahead without protection. It makes Sand Wyrm's offensive capabilities very limited. I find he often stays in the exact same spot for most of the game, and often doesn't do anything useful once he does move. I do try using him as a wall buster, but it doesn't work well unless your opponent is very aggressive with his wall placement. Of all the scenarios above that you have named, only killing a champ rush is one that isn't situational. He's very good at that, which is why I include him. But he is very situational, and often doesn't make it out when I get a good offensive going before he shows up in my hand. There are exceptions, but in general, Sand Wyrm is very limited by his low attack when moving, and his life being low enough to one shot if you are too aggressive with him.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

I like your rundown of Dema and his events. Yet much like krusk, he is one of the least event dependent summoners so the initial post doesnt show their full strength until you start talking about units

I agree with everything you said, except Vomitus.

First of all, Vomitus is a TON more fun to play than Her or Abom. Second of all, he doesn't work well with the typical filth strategy, mainly because he sucks.

Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345