Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Summoner Wars Blog: The Summoner's Lab

Nice read. One thing I've found and like to point out is a nice synergy with Stink, Bomber, and the unloved Scavenger.
    I play Bombers with the thought that they will end in my discard pile. With this in mind, I try to get the Bomber next to the Scavenger (who is usually set up to block a summoning spot), roll my dice for the Bomber, re-roll any misses with Stick's luck, and then after the hit, have the Scavenger kill it to ensure two things: 1. they don't get the magic, and 2. that they don't get the summoning spot back (also as an added but rare bonus it also makes Shiny not a dead card in the deck).
    Last edited by Irisches Glueck; 02-12-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Since I love Sand Gobbies, I am already a fan. The blog looks great so far! Keep kickin it.

Also, I agree with TNS, shiny threat with even just those first two Scavs can be powerful! Though you don't get the magic, SG don't have magic economy problems in my opinion. If you think so, Etch might balance that out and then you can heal up walls later via Mirage...

I usually take out all Scavengers, but the starting 2 are always a big part of my SG play style. Stocking kills and getting the shines out.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

I still feel that Shiny and scavengers are subpar but I do see their uses, especially with the two that start on the board. I recently played a game vs Vlox. I killed a starting gunner with one of those scavengers and drew Shiny early. Though i never used it I liked being able to push foward with this hard to kill unit and punish my opponent if they put a good target near my Scavenger

Shiny and scavengers are perfectly balanced. The problem is that everything else in Krusk isn't. They can compete with other factions just fine, but they can't compete with the rest of SG.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU! View Post
    Shiny and scavengers are perfectly balanced. The problem is that everything else in Krusk isn't. They can compete with other factions just fine, but they can't compete with the rest of SG.
    Yeah thats basically the point I tried to get across. Its not that scavs are bad, everything else is just that much better.

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU! View Post
    I actually disagree, simply because it is so easy for the opponent to disrupt. They just need to ping the unit to cause the discard and with only 1 AV, its not like the Scavenger gets a ton of cards underneath him. Like if it was an option to either build to prevent the wounds or just take them, then the scavenger would be decent/balanced IMO.

Scavengers can cannabalize their own units, so they can get quite built up. I've seen 5 or 6 cards under one. Try telling that guy to go home. It's expensive, but it can work.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Updated the first post to include a link to our latest post. My friend and I do a battle report on our first game as Frick vs Jexik.

Quote Originally Posted by fainez View Post
    Updated the first post to include a link to our latest post. My friend and I do a battle report on our first game as Frick vs Jexik.
    Its good! I like the pictures! I think it would be great if you take more pictures during the game, so that we get a better view of the different phases you talked about in the report,
    Last edited by Kenneth; 02-14-2014 at 04:46 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast