Thread: Has anyone made Summoner Wars armies based on the "Summoners" from Dungeon Run?

Default Has anyone made Summoner Wars armies based on the "Summoners" from Dungeon Run?

Looking at you PHG - this would be a very awesome crossover to have.
    Ad ogni pazzo piace il suon del suo sonaglio. -Unknown

Во́рон во́рону глаз не вы́клюет. -Unknown

No, no, no, no! Come, letís away to prison. We two alone will sing like birds i' th' cage. When thou dost ask me blessing, Iíll kneel down and ask of thee forgiveness. So weíll live, and pray, and sing, and tell old tales, and laugh at gilded butterflies. -Shakespeare

I actually worked on this for a while, envisioning it as a "Disgraced Heroes" fan expansion. Each card was a champion, not an entire summoner or army in their own right. I did consider making each one into an alternate summoner — their event cards were based on their upgrade cards and summoner ability from DR, and their starting setup focused on the available common units in their respective faction's reinforcement packs (so Addolgar Vayne began with Cavalry Knights and Angels, Dorgan with Ballistae and Guardsmen, etc). This idea was abandoned pretty quickly, so I moved back to having them just be regular champions. Each of the eight heroes from Dungeon Run brought the same rough abilities to the table. I even went so far as to clip out the DR art and put it into custom SW card art.

But then, as always happens when I attempt a fan mod, I got bored and did something else instead.

I've actually envisioned the same idea TheInnocent. I'd love to see your solutions to converting them to the game if you ever get a chance to post what you had

Quote Originally Posted by sitnam90 View Post
    I've actually envisioned the same idea TheInnocent. I'd love to see your solutions to converting them to the game if you ever get a chance to post what you had
    I'll see if I can dig up my old notes. As I said, I spent more time fantasizing about it than actually working through the abilities. In general though, their abilities were similar to their "summoner" form from DR. Addolgar Vayne could spend magic to heal himself or someone else each turn, meaning he wasn't easily assassinated. Birodin could move other units at the end of his turn, Emma Goodluck (that name always sounded like a Bond girl to me) had a counterattack ability, Paelleall had a Fire Drake-esque through-walls attack, Stabbins let himself or CG units reroll dice once or twice per turn... stuff like that.

Then I went through each hero's ability cards and eliminated the ones that were overly DR specific (anything that referenced sabotaging or assisting, for instance). Whatever remained got worked into event cards, though I never did any playtesting.

It was a fun thought experiment, although I was too busy to keep up with it. I keep intending to return to it. I especially like the idea of having the reinforcement pack units being part of these summoners' starting setups.

I looks like this thread got necro-ed, but I'll also throw my vote here that Dungeon Run summoners would be cool. If Dungeon Run 2 ever happens, that could be 16 new summoners. Potentially. Probably not.

I think there was a plan at one point to make them into champions (but not summoners) that would be released as promos, but it never materialized.

The tricky thing about doing them as customs would be deciding what powers to give them. The way it worked in Dungeon Run is that the characters could obtain just about every power given to a unit from their Summoner Wars faction. For example, the Tundra Orc guy had some kind of freeze power, a Fury-ish ability, something like Power Surge, and so on. It was actually kinda cool to get a SW preview in some sense; although I didn't realize it at the time, the Cave Goblin character had a Clinger ability, and characters were taken from the Filth and Mercenary factions long before those decks were released.

I don't remember all of them very well (I only played it once a few years ago and I don't own the game) so it's possible there was some original stuff that could be used.