Thread: Matchup of the Week Index

Default Matchup of the Week Index

I'm hoping to start a weekly series of conversations on specific matchups. For almost any statement made about Summoner Wars, it seems someone jumps in with "It really depends on the matchup." The best matchups thread has a lot of discussion on what is fun, and people occassionally allude to having specific opennings for specific matchups. But I don't see much discussion of these on the Strategy forums. The reason is probably that tackling every possible matchup is an impossibly vast topic. So let's break it down. Each week, I will post a new thread with an image of the starting setup and some of my initial thoughts. I'll try to play the given matchup as much as I can throughout the week. Anyone who has a deckbuild they like specifically for the matchup, an openning they think is the best, an opinion about whether one side or the other should try to go first, and general opinions about how you would change your play to account for that matchup, please chime in.

#1: Sunderved v. Samuel Farthen
    #2: Mugglug v. Torgan
    #3: Demagogue v. Mugglugg
    #4: Krusk v. Sirian
    #5: Bolvi v. Selundar
    Last edited by umbrageofsnow; 07-12-2014 at 03:36 PM.

great idea, i'd love to get peoples opinion's on is opening moves within a specific MU, dependant on if you are going first or second.

I request TO vs JE.
    Last edited by fainez; 01-26-2014 at 07:40 PM.

I'd like to see Sam vs Filth, but I'd say no faction should be in two MU of the weeks (MUotW?) in a row.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Would love to see vassal matchup reports each week as people play, as well as vassal logs.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

I'll definitely try to vlog my next game with this MU, though I've gotten Sam'd out this last week. I also agree with Dot on not allowing one summoner to reappear to often. i'd almost say put like a month limit before a summoner can come up again. As for choosing the next, i say UoS should take the lead since he started this idea, but a community vote would be cool.

I say SO vs SG, as I've seen that MU twice this week and feel its a decent MU

I agree that repeating the same summoner within the month would get boring, especially because the one I've been thinking about the most lately is Sam, and I'd actually like Uncleeurope to participate sometimes

I say people just put suggestions in here or mention them to me on Vassal, I'll arrange them into some order based on the above criteria and differences, similarities, themes in common with previous MUs of the week or not. I realize it's unrealistic to get to ALL matchups, but I'll settle for the ones people reccomend here, and the big list of interesting ones I've been thinking about.

I'm also going to try to make a more detailed post in the weekly thread most days, hopefully sort of moderating/directing the discussion. I'm no BTBAM, but I can try.

I'll try to post some of the vlogs I've got of this matchup, I think they'll be more interesting toward the end of the week, but the one I've got with I Like Tau that inspired this idea might be worth posting too.

What do you guys think of posting a more detailed agenda or discussion points in the first post next week? Something like "Monday: Wall placement" or something. Probably too restricting I think, I'm just going to try to inject more of my thought/opinions and hope to spur intelligent disagreement.

I would say start out with a general MU, but if people start hitting a wall with it before the week ends, make it more guided the next time. I think all vlogs people have of this MU would be nice to view, if people are willing to post them on here.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

I agree with Tau on keeping it more general and free reign conversation, seems like it'd be easier to manage

Since UoS is gone and Tau restarted the series, I figure I'll keep the index up to date:

#1: Sunderved v. Samuel Farthen
    #2: Mugglug v. Torgan
    #3: Demagogue vs Mugglugg