Thread: iOS Variants

Default iOS Variants

Hello Summoners,

I'm new around here, but I did do a couple searches to see if something like this already existed. With the talk of burnout and angst against the "Big 3" etc. I thought it might be fun to come up with some (more or less) agreed upon variations to the iOS play. In order for these to work you'd have to communicate with your opponent ahead of time and have a gentlemen's agreement to honor the rules, but I think most people around here could manage that.

My goal is to compile any ideas that seem to have some steam on this thread (or maybe others that have been posted) for quick reference and give them a simple name to throw around when discussing a gaming option with another player (through the iOS In-Game Smack Talk thread). I'll start it off in the next post with a few that I mentioned to a couple Summoners as options. If any of them sound good or worth a try I'll add them to this main post.

iOS Variants
    1. SB3 = "Sans Big 3" play the game as normal but without either player using PE, TO, or GD
    Last edited by Ad Hoc; 01-16-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Some other ideas:

• CtF = "Capture the Flag" first one to wound the opponent's Summoner wins (completed by forfeiting). I could see FK and even the Vanguards benefiting slightly as you wouldn't worry so much about self inflicted Summoner wounds. This would be a challenging one for MV and CG.
    • CC = "Common Conundrum" at the end of your turn you must have at least one common in play or you forfeit the game (helps deter Turtling).
    • NCUE's = "No Catch Up Events" so things like Magic Drain, Reinforcements, Summoning Surge etc. must be built into Magic Pile instead of used.
    Last edited by Ad Hoc; 01-16-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Most of these variants are solved after iOS, and are pretty much impossible to do with iOS. Just use VASSAL!

But, yeah, these are some interesting ideas when playing the earlier MUs. I think the only thread relating to this is Waterd's, but that's his variant.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!