Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Crossroads Game theme

Default Next Crossroads Game theme

What are you guys going for? I'm a big geek about ancient history, so I chose Feudal Japan. I like PHG is doing this - they can appease the largest number of fans this way.

Fantasy people will probably go for deep underground, Sci-Fi fans for space, people who want a family game for kids will go for summer camp (unless it becomes a haunted camp game, in which case horror fans will want it), and people like me who enjoy ancient warrior type stuff will go for Feudal Japan.

What do you guys want to see? I'd guess that Deep Underground would get the most votes, given so far, most games PHG has produced have been fantasy. Space might get it, since some fantasy fans will want a bit of change (I'm one of them, but I like historical stuff like Samurai a lot more then Space stuff.)
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

There are so many dungeon games out there, plus we already have Dungeon Run so I don't want to vote for Underground. I was thinking of Summer Camp since I saw a kickstarter for a similar game but co-op. Feudal Japan and Sci-fi... erm don't really see how you will be scavenging in that theme. So Summer camp it is.

Scavenging in space is something I really feel I'd like. Have any of you heard of this game coming out, RimWorld? You play as colonists whose vessel crashed on a planet, and you have to scavenge, build shelter, fight off raiders, and avoid rabid squirrels.

Lost in Space sounds like exactly my kind of thing. I would love to see how PHG weaves an intruiging theme into it.

I feel like summer camp could be a blast, could be a more serious haunted setting like Joseph mentioned, but it could also be a very comedic light setting.

All of these themes could be awesome with the right threat. Deep Space outpost overrun with creeping killer plants? Awesome. Deep underground with shapeshifting biomimics, Change ancient Japan to modern day, and cute kittiez are taking over the country from their stronghold on Cat Island (a real place, where dogs are not allowed)

My girlfriend's and my favorite, though, is summer camp. Kids armed to the teeth with backwoods makeshift weapons and duelling it out Battle Royale style. (think Hunger games if that doesn't ring a bell) Total Lord of the Flies situation with factions and shifting alliances. Personally, I think a semisentient threat, an enemy of some kind, trumps environmental. Environmental threats aren't as visceral. And putting children into the mix makes loss terribly tragic. Anyway, Plaid Hat gang is waaay more imaginative than I am, so I'm stoked to see what they cook up.

I'm thinking Summoner Camp would be cool.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Something like a splintered Time Lab would be really neat.

A camp could fix them, but its not a training camp I have in mind.

I really like the idea of the outer space theme. There's a lot of different directions you could go that would keep the game more about the survivor relationships while still having looming threats from the hostile environment (either the vaccume of space, the slowly failing ship/base, an alien running around killing people, or some sort of extraterrestrial disease). There's also something about the utter isolation of space that I find appealing from a survival horror sense also.

I also voted Lost in Space. There's so many great ways to go about it... but maybe I'm pinning my hopes on a PHG version of Space Alert, with an emphasis on long-term survival in place of the real-time ten minutes of that game.

Feudal Japan? I think samurai and ninja are overdone, and not very often particularly well, so please no. Deep Underground? Meh. Summer Camp? Too risky — it could turn out not nearly enough Lord of the Flies for my taste.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast