Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Next Crossroads Game theme

I voted Summer Camp, but in hopes more of a Lord of the Flies theme than say silly zombie outbreak in camp.

I'd originally seen Summer Camp as some fun light thing, like an 80's comedy (meatballs etc) but then on BGG I'm sure Issac posted about wanting a horror theme. I suddenly got some Friday 13th, and The Burning ideas. That could be something brilliant combining teenage angst with the inevitable death by large gardening shears.
    The space idea would be great as a claustrophobic horror maybe an Alien/The Thing mash-up with no-one sure who is infected or maybe a corporate moll working for the company and not the crews best interests. I love the possibilities that this series has.
    Last edited by WDR666; 04-19-2014 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling

From listening to PHG podcasts, I've heard that Lost in Space will be the next crossroads game. Can't wait for it!

Quote Originally Posted by WDR666 View Post
    The space idea would be great as a claustrophobic horror maybe an Alien/The Thing mash-up with no-one sure who is infected or maybe a corporate moll working for the company and not the crews best interests. I love the possibilities that this series has.
    since the podcast has said that he's working on a "lost in space" theme, this idea of a corporate moll or infected crewman would be cool! i could easly see playing Burke, busy trying to undermine the whole game in order to accomplish his own goal (profit), while still getting someone else to take the fall.
    or the infected crewman, slowly stalking and killing the (helpless survivor types) while all the while "hunting" for the killer.
    ...the rich

The great thing about Crossroads is that it so versatile a system that the games that include I don't even need to be like DoW in terms of the foundations. Any and all future Crossroads games don't necessarily have to be cooperative or meta-co-op, they can be any sort of game, just with Crossroads cards as part of it. You guys are thinking in terms of the future gams all sharing the (meta)co-op aspect, why limit your ideas there? I'd love to see PHG make an entirely different game with the Crossroad system.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

Regarding the next Crossroads game (Lost in Space), one thing which I think would serve well as inspiration for a cooperative experience with traitors is the browser based game Mush. More info here. The basic gameplay: Several crewmembers start out on the ship, having fled their home system because of a parasitic virus called the Mush. Several crewmembers are infected and will try to sabotage the effort of the rest of the crew, while also being able to infect the crew. Really playing that game made me feel it would translate well into a Crossroads game and its worth a mention, while it seems to be inspired by Battlestar Galactica it is very different.

Especially an infection mechanic would be interesting to explore, if difficult to execute effectively. Essentially emulating "The Thing" in space, rather than the arctic.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I'd love to see PHG make an entirely different game with the Crossroad system.
    Maybe a team co-op game. If space is your fancy, two crews of different ships in combat or political tension. Or a worker placement game, fully competitive, but with crossroads events "If the player plants wheat..." "If the player chooses 'X' as their action..." etc. could be really fun. How about a sci-fi worker placement about settling an alien planet? "If player uses the experimental seeds action, a mutant plant spawns and eats his goats".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123