Thread: Marvel Dice Masters, anyone?

Default Marvel Dice Masters, anyone?

Anyone gonna play Marvel Dice Masters, the new "dice building" game? I should get my starter soon, along with lots of boosters. Looking forward to it, but I'm not ga-ga for it or need to make a complete set.

Game just came out (demand is way higher than supply) so already someone sold a "super rare" card on ebay for $65. People are crazy when it comes to collectible items, games or otherwise.
    Last edited by JYoder; 04-25-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Hello JYoder,

I did buy a copy of the Starter set and a handful of Boosters, but I haven't gotten to play yet. Rodney at Watch it Played has made a video series for this, so that should make it easier for me to get started...as soon as I have a bit of time.

I'm not expecting a GREAT game, but it might be a bit of fun. That said...I'd sell it in a heartbeat for those crazy prices.

KAM

I bought way too many! I got the starter set and 2 boxes of the boosters. With that, I have tons of dice and most of the cards. I'm missing about 12 all together. Not sure if I care enough to go chasing them, though. The game is perfectly playable with my current collection.

I played a few games this weekend. The game is lots of fun, but it's very fast. It feels alot like what Quarriors should have been. My only real complaint is that you need to have an opponent who comes with a pre-made deck, otherwise there's a lot of lag as he tries to cobble one together from the cards at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM View Post
    That said...I'd sell it in a heartbeat for those crazy prices. KAM
    I'd sell too! I also expect it to be a fun game, that's nice and quick. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Divljan View Post
    I bought way too many! I got the starter set and 2 boxes of the boosters. With that, I have tons of dice and most of the cards. I'm missing about 12 all together.
    Wow, that's impressive. I had heard that with only 2 booster boxes, people weren't happy with the spread of cards they got -- some still with no "super rares" -- so you sound very fortunate.

I'm also getting 1 booster box, so I hope for a good spread. I'd trade if not a hassle, but proxying cards with this game will be incredibly easy -- just an issue of having the dice for them.

I'd love to get this for my nephews, and so I can enjoy playing with them. I like that it's inexpensive and it certainly seems interesting but there is no way I'm paying an upcharge for it.

I got a chance to play a few games. I have no starter, but a friend did. He had already played dozens of games, so I tried it with him.

I didn't quite follow everything as he kind of played for me. Overall, while I thought it was "OK to good", I certainly wouldn't call it great.

Seems best as a fun filler to play with a friend via random selection, followed by a draft. But not in tournies, as some cheap cards are so good you almost have to use them, so it seems you'd see a lot of the same.

I really thought I'd love the game, but as it was, it felt over too quickly, with cheap guys dominating the flow in all games, with no big ones even hitting the table.

Maybe if I played with someone who was also learning, it'd feel different. I'm keeping it, but so far, I'm not interested in further expansions.

For anyone curious, I posted a review of MDM at BGG. It's not the game I had hoped, but there's still something there...

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1189731

Star Realms. Quick. Fun. Deeper than it looks.

Jonathan

Funny you mention that, as I may get the chance to play it for the first time tonight. *fingers crossed*