Thread: The Hobbit: Illustrated (New Edition)

Default The Hobbit: Illustrated (New Edition)

There's a new illustrated Hobbit book (unabridged!) that just came out that is the one I've been looking for to read to my kids. The artwork is kid friendly rather than realistic and has a nice readable font.

Amazon and B&N don't have images posted, but if you google the author (Jemima Catlin) with "Hobbit" and click the Images link, you'll see some. Or just click here.

I saw a copy at B&N. It's gorgeous and perfect for reading to kids, assuming they can handle the content, so I promptly ordered it from Amazon. (I'm cheap that way.) Can't wait for my copy.

Anyway, I had to share for those who have kids and/or want a good-sized copy that looks better on a coffee table than on a shelf.

And yes, I probably will sing the songs to them to the tunes used in the cartoon... and attempt my best Gollum voice... what of it!?

Nice! I already own 2 copies of the hobbit, so I won't be picking this up, but it's very well done. And I love the old cartoons! Those were so great, even if all the hobbits and dwarves had really big noses and gandalf was super creepy when he appeared to Bilbo the first time. Ah, the good old days. How is your Gollum voice anyhow? I know mine's awful
    Wait a minute... you guys don't use Rahlee in all your Prince Elien decks? But she can FLY!!!!!
    "If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your BS."
    -Anonymous
    Member of the INFAMOUS PHG Debate Team.

Since my daughter hasn't seen the movies, my Gollum voice will be awesome! That way, when she one day sees the movies, she'll think, "That's not how Gollum's voice is supposed to sound!"
    Only send a friendly invite (JYoder77) if you don't play PE, TO, GD, BD, no Rallul units outside of Rallul, and no Etch or Rune Mages (even in Rallul).
    My Custom Faction Creator tool. Contains demo images to show what you can create.
    Why Sunderved cries himself to sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by JYoder View Post
    There's a new illustrated Hobbit book (unabridged!) that just came out that is the one I've been looking for to read to my kids. The artwork is kid friendly rather than realistic and has a nice readable font.

Amazon and B&N don't have images posted, but if you google the author (Jemima Catlin) with "Hobbit" and click the Images link, you'll see some. Or just click here.

I saw a copy at B&N. It's gorgeous and perfect for reading to kids, assuming they can handle the content, so I promptly ordered it from Amazon. (I'm cheap that way.) Can't wait for my copy.

Anyway, I had to share for those who have kids and/or want a good-sized copy that looks better on a coffee table than on a shelf.

And yes, I probably will sing the songs to them to the tunes used in the cartoon... and attempt my best Gollum voice... what of it!?
    can u help me if i want to see the hobbit ..?

Not sure what you mean. The recent movie? Old cartoon? This new book version?
    Only send a friendly invite (JYoder77) if you don't play PE, TO, GD, BD, no Rallul units outside of Rallul, and no Etch or Rune Mages (even in Rallul).
    My Custom Faction Creator tool. Contains demo images to show what you can create.
    Why Sunderved cries himself to sleep at night.

"The Hobbit: The Battle of The Five Armies" I was watching this movie, it was great, waiting further next version

Quote Originally Posted by brownryan View Post
    can u help me if i want to see the hobbit ..?
    What do you want to see the hobbit?
    Hello ! i'am Chen