Thread: Timeline #1

Default Timeline #1

We played a game with this timeline last night, and there were a couple of questions that came up about how to resolve certain things.

"Place the Airship on the same space as Elizabeth. Immediately resolve any comat that takes place."

In our game, Elizabeth and Booker were on a netural space with no token on it at the time. The world event phase for that round did not have Booker as being hostile, but the card before it did. Since Elizabeth moves on the timeline before Booker moves to a new location, is he still considered hostile?

"If the Vox Populi control Elizabeth, Songbird is considered their unit for the remainder of this round."

This one was very confusing as to how we were supposed to resolve how and when exactly combat takes place. In our case, the Founders were the first player and they had Songbird and several other units on the same space. Do they have to fight Songbird the moment their turn starts, or can they use their movement phase to abandon the space? If combat does take place, who is considered the attacker?

If the Vox Populi were the first player instead, would they have to resolve combat on Songbird's space immediately before the movement phase? If Songbird is still alive at the end of the round, what happens when it gets transfered back to the Founders? Does combat then have to happen again if Vox Populi had units on the same space as Songbird?

Oh, and this doesn't have anything to do with the timeline, but does controlling Elizabeth count towards one of the 16 units needed for the victory point card?

Airship: This got me thinking. What is most important is the ORDER of Round Events (page 10). So, like you say, on the OLD World Event Card Booker was aggressive on that location, as he doesn't move until Elizabeth's timeline is resolved I would say that the conditions remain. So in this scenario the Air Ship would move to Elizabeth and as Booker is still aggressive he will attack.

Songbird: Big "IF" here, did one faction CONTROL Elizabeth? If yes, then in this example I would resolve combat immediately, page 14 "a player initiates combat by moving into a location with enemy units" just as you would for Booker when he is aggressive. Also why would the Songbird survive combat, page 14 "The player that lost the combat must destroy any structures he controls in the location and one of the units that he controlled in that combat." Simply select Song Bird :p If you WIN then remember at the end of the ROUND Song Bird will become a Founders unit again! So yes, he will attack. As for the attacker/defender part, I would say Song Bird is the attacker in this example.

16 Units: I would say NO because she does not behave like the other units you control, page 7.
    Last edited by Matthew_Bester; 09-27-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    Bester

Thank you. I think I was just overcomplicating things with Songbird because most of the similar effects in the game specifically say "Immediately resolve any combat that would take place" and this one didn't. I understand it a lot better now.

For the 4-player gameplay, does the combat involving the Songbird or Airship done by both player from the same faction?