Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Avan Variant

Im online right now for a few hours.

Gleen did win 2-0 GD vs VG.

I'm trying to find a way to nerf krusk, but i can't find one, any suggestions on what rules would be nice to nerf krusk are welcome.

All SG units add one to their summon cost.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

it would be a nerf to krusk, i don't know if that would be a "nice rule" tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    I'm trying to find a way to nerf krusk, but i can't find one, any suggestions on what rules would be nice to nerf krusk are welcome.
    Sanstorm can't affect Summoners.

nice to see you around after so much time.
    I'm trying to find rules that do not contradict cards, since in my variant, all rules are intended to not contradict cards.
    Having said that I'm starting to think that Krusk can't be escaped and I will have to make a change that contradict cards, if i want him to be on par with other summoners, but this will be a desperation move.
    However, I do not think that is a change I'm really super excited about, Krusk can't move itself, and really moving the opponent summoner is not that key to krusk imo, even if it wins him a few games.
    Here is a list of other krusk nerfs that I would consider doing if I wouldn't have problem to contradict the cards.

Mirage: Doesn't remove 3 wounds, just redistribute all the wounds between the walls.
    Taunt: Doesn't PLACE , Just move the units toward the unit.

It would be maybe more healthy to nerf the op Shamans and Javs, but I do not like to contradict cards in something as visual as life or AV.
    Last edited by Waterd; 10-06-2013 at 02:01 PM.

I added tier list to the 3rd post to show in what way I think the variant improves balance.

I did a general update to the rules. And more important in the second post i added all the rules that come and go ordered in different groups based on the intention of the rule.

Btw, from now on I won't play anymore normal rules on vassal, only this variant or similar variants, so if you see me online and ask for a game, consider that. That is unless you want to prove a point in normal rules, then i may consider it.
    If there is anyone interested on doing the same i propose creating the rooms with the name AVAN, to show that.
    Last edited by Waterd; 02-18-2014 at 08:38 PM.

I need ideas of rules that would help agression.
    Sluggish wall while is helping agressive factions, is not helping as much as i hoped, and defensive faction still have the advantage. Ideas?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast