Thread: Elizabeth/Dead Booker

Default Elizabeth/Dead Booker

Hi folks, I don't know if anyone knows the answer to this.

I was playing a game of BSI at the weekend, and I defeated Booekr before Elizabeth came out onto the board. The next turn, Elizabeth's timeline progressed so she was supposed to enter the board and follow Booker, but obviously there was no booker on the board as his effects on the World Event card resolve after Elizabeth's. So my question is, where does Elizabeth join the board in this event?

Hi there,

I am just another player but I am pretty sure it goes as follows:

If defeated Booker always respawns on the "World Event Phase", page 10 of the Rule Book, note 9.

Once Elizabeth is on the board she will always travel with Booker unless she is already under the control of another player. In this case Booker will attempt to rescue her and attacks that location automatically, again and again and again... Until either he defeats that player or during the movement phase the player decides to move away and abandon her.

Hope this helps and correct me if I am wrong!
    Bester

I would assume in that situation that you just put Elizabeth and Booker out at the same time. She "joins" him in limbo and then follows him to the location like normal.

Tht is how Rodney handled it during the first turn of the Watch It Played playthrough, so I'd handle it like that as well.

any confirmation on this? i was playing today and we used the 3rd timeline card. elizabeth had been removed from the board. booker had been defeated. since her timeline event happens first, we weren't sure what to do. I think we decided to houserule it the same way. she entered the board with him on the given movement space. and if there hadn't been a movement space on that world event card, would they both remain in limbo? it wouldn't have affected the outcome of our game, but we spent about 10 minutes discussing it and perusing the rulebook. is there an over-arching rule that covers situations like this one? thanks!