Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Faction Creator

Quote Originally Posted by JYoder View Post
    Word of advice... anything you want to do, do it BEFORE the baby is born! And seriously, congrats on the baby! Fun times!
    yeah, this is number 3 for us, plus I normally am on a night shift schedule, so I'll have some time
    ----
    "If you live to achieve all of your goals, you sold your life too cheaply"
    --E.E. Knight in Reign of Fire book 5: Dragon Rule--

Please check out and give me your thoughts on my factions at your leisure.
    Want to test your own Factions? Check here for text only format! (let me know if you have completed decks you want added!)
    Want something a little flashier? Check here! (major thanks to JYoder)
    Want the complete, customized package? Check here! (major thanks to b57123m)

Congrats! Which child is this going to be? The wizard, cleric, warrior, or cowboy?
    Wait a minute... you guys don't use Rahlee in all your Prince Elien decks? But she can FLY!!!!!
    "If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your BS."
    -Anonymous
    Member of the INFAMOUS PHG Debate Team.

So how many people actually use this tool? I'm asking because Miraxtez has been emailing me. He does graphics and started a new color scheme. He could finish it and make more. And they look great!
    i also use his tool, both for custom sw decks and for other stuff.

i had just started on my own green theme when i found these new themes. awesome! i'm not good with inkscape or gimp, so graphics is slow for me. i'm glad someone else has already done this hehe ^^

What is the ideal ratio of height and width for the images?

The approximate width:height ratio is 3:4, which won't skew your images.

But if you're asking for exact measurements (to also get the best resolution) my tool forces character images into an area (in inches) of 3.91 wide by 5.19 tall.

This thing is freaking amazing. I've been playing with my new prototype deck all night.

Is there any way to use the program to make .jpgs, etc. of single cards for posting on the forum?
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I never know how many people actually use it, so it's nice to get feedback. And yes, you can make jpgs of single cards. It's in the instructions in the zip, which is replicated in the 3rd post on this thread. To quote it...

"If you instead want individual image files for each card, create a subfolder in your deck folder (such as "Cards"), and click the "Save images" button. Set the folder to your new folder, change any relevant settings, and click "Save". Browse to the folder to see your cards."

That should do it. Let me know if you have any more questions. Looking forward to seeing your creation(s).

Wow, I just first saw this. That's super cool JYoder. I don't do customs too much, but it would be really easy and awesome to do with this. Thanks for the work, it seems super cool.

Heck, with this it would even be pretty easy to get them into Vassal as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

Thanks, Ranior, and welcome back. And yeah, that'd be great to use any card images in Vassal.

Though my understanding is someone has to alter the Vassal module to get new images into it, in which case, I'm not sure bloating it with a bunch of custom factions is practical. However, if the module could be altered to allow anyone to load their own images, that'd be ideal.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I never know how many people actually use it, so it's nice to get feedback. And yes, you can make jpgs of single cards. It's in the instructions in the zip, which is replicated in the 3rd post on this thread. To quote it...

"If you instead want individual image files for each card, create a subfolder in your deck folder (such as "Cards"), and click the "Save images" button. Set the folder to your new folder, change any relevant settings, and click "Save". Browse to the folder to see your cards."

That should do it. Let me know if you have any more questions. Looking forward to seeing your creation(s).
    Wicked! Thank you very much. After a few more preliminary playtests I'll be posting my cards up.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast