Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Custom Faction Creator

Thanks so much for these tools! I have an idea for some sets and this will be invaluable

I was wondering though, are there any tips for actual faction balancing? The relationships between factions seem so complex, there must be some basic rules to follow to try and balance a new potential custom faction? Any tips much appreciated.

I'm fairly new to Summoner Wars - I just have the Alliances set (and play on the ipad app as well) but really love the game!

Quote Originally Posted by FunksMaName View Post
    Thanks so much for these tools! I have an idea for some sets and this will be invaluable

I was wondering though, are there any tips for actual faction balancing? The relationships between factions seem so complex, there must be some basic rules to follow to try and balance a new potential custom faction? Any tips much appreciated.

I'm fairly new to Summoner Wars - I just have the Alliances set (and play on the ipad app as well) but really love the game!
    I'm no authority on the matter but for the most part you just have to playtest like crazy. Be very careful with your wording so broken combos don't happen and try to avoid Catch Up Events like magic drain. As a rule of thumb you might expect 1 very powerful event and 3 moderate power and 5 less powerful ones. When trying to make good summon costs the rule of thumb is usually (health+attack+ability-2)=summon. These are just rules of thumb though. There are many exceptions. (I mean just look at marek!).

Welcome to the customizing community and have fun! Do post customs threads! It's always fun to see the ideas that people come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by FunksMaName View Post
    You're most welcome. Enjoy!
    Only send a friendly invite (JYoder77) if you don't play PE, TO, GD, BD, no Rallul units outside of Rallul, and no Etch or Rune Mages (even in Rallul).
    My Custom Faction Creator tool. Contains demo images to show what you can create.
    Why Sunderved cries himself to sleep at night.

Hey Jyoder, I was involved in the earlier stages of this project but ended up kinda bailing out on you. Wanted to say sorry for that.
    I was curious about what faction colors are available at this point. I have some extra time on my hands as I have recently graduated and am not continuing my school work. I know I made a video tutorial about making custom colors awhile back but I thought that it might be possible for me to make a more inclusive tutorial and how to apply it to your program. If you are still willing to work on this some more I also have an idea about the programming that might make it possible to make complete custom color edits within the NanDeck program. Though this would be tougher, I am interested to see what effort you would be willing to put into it. If not that's cool, I might try some changes on my own but for the most part, the program is complete and works very well. I haven't done a whole lot more customizing but I will in the future most likely.

Oh, it's all good -- no need to apologize as life comes first. But I believe it's 9 colors total -- your original purple and Miraxtez added 8.

I've no plans to tweak it, especially given the few who use it. However, if you want to create a tutorial for taking a color template and altering it to a custom color, go for it. Or maybe you envision that you simply need to add some extra lines to existing files? (Like I posted for resizing cards to fit Vassal a while back.) Not sure what you have in mind, but either way, I think keeping the original download in place makes sense, but any input to enhance features is more than welcome. Or do you think the base file would need to be radically reworked?
    Only send a friendly invite (JYoder77) if you don't play PE, TO, GD, BD, no Rallul units outside of Rallul, and no Etch or Rune Mages (even in Rallul).
    My Custom Faction Creator tool. Contains demo images to show what you can create.
    Why Sunderved cries himself to sleep at night.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910