Thread: Elizabeth

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Elizabeth

What is the purpose of controlling Elizabeth? The rules do not really go into it. Does she follow someone in your faction around or does she just hang in one spot until Booker grabs her?

There are Victory Point Card(s) that give you points for controlling her. And some of her events are beneficial if you have control of her.

The events on the Elizabeth track can swing the game hugely in your favor if you control her at the right moments.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    The events on the Elizabeth track can swing the game hugely in your favor if you control her at the right moments.
    Yeah, I posted a bit prematurely, we had just started playing the game. A victory point card came out that gave you points for controlling her. As for the timeline, we never got that far down on the one we played and I did not read down the timelines because I wanted what happened to be a surprise.

I have another question that they do not fully explain. You draw a new victory point card at the end of every refresh phase. Do they all stay out on the table once they are drawn? That is how we were playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MagusX12 View Post
    I have another question that they do not fully explain. You draw a new victory point card at the end of every refresh phase. Do they all stay out on the table once they are drawn? That is how we were playing it.
    You draw a new Victory Point Condition during the Refresh Step of the turn. And yes, they all stay out on the table as they are drawn. This is so that in the later parts of the game, the players will have more options for winning at their disposal. Also remember that you can only claim victory point cards on your turn, so it makes have the the First Player token all the more alluring. ;-)

I just played my first game and it was a blast but when it came to who controls Elizabeth, questions arose of what to do with her exactly. Can she be moved and fight like a normal piece or is her location permanent.

If she can be moved, what happens if I put her on the Skyhook and I am unable to pay for a failed safety roll.

If she's in a battle with another player what happens if I lose? Is she captured?

Is she involved in battle?

If I vacate my units from a territory and leave Elizabeth is she still under my control?

If she can be moved and I send her alone to an enemy territory is she under my opponents control or does she lose the combat and if that's the case is she removed from the board or is she then under their control?

Please let me know. I really love this game, literally the only bad thing I have to say about it is the lack of detail on what exactly can and can't be done with Elizabeth. Or maybe I skimmed over it in the rulebook but I felt like I read every part that would've explained it.