Thread: before first game

Default before first game

I know this may be a dumb question but i was just wondering at what time do you draw back up to four cards, is it at the start of each turn or only during the start of each round or refresh action?

Reset Phase at the beginning of each round, and then whenever you take a Refresh Action.

Not a dumb question..!
    Lots of people get this one confused and it's easy to see why. Lots of popular games let you shuffle your discard pile and replace it as your draw pile when you "run out".
    In City, it's not quite that simple. Since most of your cards represent actual gangers, well those guys get tired eventually, they need a rest and a fresh forty.
    So the simple answer is, you only get to draw more cards at the Reset phase which starts every round, or a Refresh action which you can take whenever it's your turn.
    The slightly longer and more complicated answer is, try to get or "have" cards that say Draw a Card. If you're the Yellow gang and you have Disciples that let you draw two cards when you play, well you're basically never out of cards in your hand.
    If you're Blue, you use the Windfalls for this purpose (in the beginning), Green has his Steals and Red, his Scouts.
    If you find yourself lacking the ability to draw cards, or "enough" cards, try to look for ways to increase your drawing power. The Black Market card Computer Terminal helps with this as well as Thieves Tools. Also the recruits Gambler and Thief can also help.
    Keep experimenting, ask questions when you need to and fight the Yugai people..!

thanks a lot, just glad that ot cleared up. The game went really well (even though i lost).