Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 player official rules

Default 4 player official rules

Are there any official 4 player game rules other than whats in the 2.0 rulebook? I just learned the board 'wraps' around in a 4 player game, like pacman, that is good to know. The 2.0 rulebook doesn't say much. Thank you.

I believe everything is in there. I learned it out of the rulebook, and everything I needed was there. The board wraps, you can place walls on a teammate's side (but you can only summon from your walls, when one player's summoner dies, all their stuff is gone and the other team gets turns twice as often, your side of the board is yours and your teammate's. That's all the rule changes I can think of from 2 players, but there might be a few more.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Thank you! I will have to check the rulebook again. I don't remember reading about the wrap around and that all their stuff is gone, I knew their magic goes to their partner but didn't know their units on the board are removed or that they get a turn every other turn. Though that makes sense.

When a Summoner dies the rulebook says "When a player’s Summoner is destroyed that player must discard all of their remaining cards, remove their Draw Pile and Discard Pile from the Battlefield, then place all of the cards in their Magic Pile face down on top of their teammate’s Magic Pile. That player is now out of the game."

Does that mean 'all units they currently have on the board' as well? In other words, does 'remaining cards' also mean the cards they have on the board or just in their hand?

Thanks.

I played it as everything they control on the board, and their hand, that are discarded.

This means that players who have a summoner about to die will build as much into magic as possible.

Thank you!

does turn order change when a player is destroyed?

No. So if players 1 and 3 were on the same team, it would normally go: 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4... Now, if player 2 dies, it goes: 1,3,4,1,3,4... making it nearly impossible for the team with players 2 and 4 to win.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

a question I had regarding 4 player maps is how do 1st turn stipulations go relative to board positioning? You have turn order listed in the rulebook, but in practice, that doesn't seem to work very well with the 1st turn rules. I've been thinking, wouldn't it make the most sense to pass the turn diagnal first? rather than across? and have the first moving player on each team act with turn 1 stipulations. Thoughts?

Also the mana passing rule is kind of weird. If you are allowed to pass any amount of mana at the end of your turn, why don't you pass all of it at the end of each of your turns? There seems to be no reason not to. Why not share a mana pile?
    Last edited by cookiewizard; 12-03-2013 at 09:56 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast