Thread: Summoner wars "Stalemate"?

Default Summoner wars "Stalemate"?

It was an exciting game. I was away on vacation when my brother texted me an alerted me to the fact that my new decks had come. The Cave Goblin's and Guild Dwarf's second summoners. Naturally I was so excited to test them out. So when I came home a challenge my brother who was playing with a reinforced Fallen Kingdom deck. I played Frick. The game was short, he never got out a single champion, and I won with flying colors. I thoroughly enjoyed the new deck and was very proud of Plaid Hat.

The next game was a little more complicated.

He played a reinforced Vanguards deck and I played Bolvi. I did we'll all game long, especially for my fist game with them. But then the end part came. Volvo had two lives left and Sera had only one. Using Bolvi's ability, I was sure I could kill her. The only problem was, there was a wall in between us. No like literally a non metaphorical wall. Neither of us were willing to move away from or kill the wall knowing that the other would hit. The game ended just like that, neither of us moved.

What happens here? You can't simply call a game a draw in a tournament could you? This seems to be the only flaw I've discovered in Summoner Wars thus far.
    My Doug (fan) fiction can be found here

Summoner wars records as of June 1st: 11-2

You could have left her with the first shot. With two HP left, she has a 44% chance to kill you with 2 attack. You probably will kill her on the next attack. Sera could also if there was enough space, attack the wall from 3 spaces away, thus ensuring that when she or Bolvi kills it, he could not counterattack the following turn. But yes, SW does have draws and I guess if both of you agreed it could be marked as so. In tourneys, if you look at the current IOS one going on, there are always tiebreaker methods. Unfortunately, the IOS has no draw feature but here's to hoping for that feature in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    You could have left her with the first shot. With two HP left, she has a 44% chance to kill you with 2 attack. You probably will kill her on the next attack. Sera could also if there was enough space, attack the wall from 3 spaces away, thus ensuring that when she or Bolvi kills it, he could not counterattack the following turn. But yes, SW does have draws and I guess if both of you agreed it could be marked as so. In tourneys, if you look at the current IOS one going on, there are always tiebreaker methods. Unfortunately, the IOS has no draw feature but here's to hoping for that feature in the future.
    As a matter of fact, I actually did do that. The game was dragging on for so long that I just broke the wall and allowed Sera to attack me. Of course she got two hits. He really didn't win though because I only did it because of the stalemate we had going. I would never had left the fate of the game to a die roll.

I generally say that the person who would have a higher percentage of winning if the other moves out wins. But yeah, that hasn't happened yet in a tournament as far as I know, if it did, either what I said above or have a rematch.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

The win percentage sounds good to me. However, as I'm sure you noticed, if they both have the same percentage then who would win? I'm not to worried about that because the odds of such an event happening are very low. Thanks!

If it is the same, then I'd say rematch, or flip a coin, or do some smaller battle. Perhaps use a system based on faction ranking. Then again, that would be controversial. Yeah, I'd go with rematch or coin flip.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

Do a rematch. You can never play too much Summoner Wars!
    (Yes I know I'm like 2 weeks late)
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

If it is the same then I ' d say rematch or flip a coin