Thread: Finished painting my Minis, first time painting anything besides walls and fences

Default Finished painting my Minis, first time painting anything besides walls and fences

I have finished the set leaving the heroes for last. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out and wanted to share them with you guys Before this I havent painted anything, but when I decided to give this a shot I did a ton of research and watch a lot of painting tutorials haha

http://imgur.com/a/5cqn7

These look great, Cedspectre1! I love some of the highlights and lowlights of the cloaks. Nice work.

I have had a terrible time on my own MM minis getting Tilda's white to look bright and not a dull gray. I also need to strip both Collin and Lily down because I got some random paint on their faces. Argh!

Jonathan

Hate the random paint specks, I had them and tried to catch as many as possible. The areas I drybrushed were tougher to cover up because I basically had to relayer it again. I made sure to be as careful as possible and painted from the inside out to minimize those goofs as much as possible haha.

Tilda's robe was tricky because of the white, and I didnt want to apply any washes or such to dull it too much. I primed her figure in matte white and then when I was painting her robe I put another thin coat of white on. Then mixed a very pale grey (just barely off white) to paint the lowlights on it.

Nice; especially for a first time job!!

Quote Originally Posted by cedspectre1 View Post
    Hate the random paint specks, I had them and tried to catch as many as possible. The areas I drybrushed were tougher to cover up because I basically had to relayer it again. I made sure to be as careful as possible and painted from the inside out to minimize those goofs as much as possible haha.

Tilda's robe was tricky because of the white, and I didnt want to apply any washes or such to dull it too much. I primed her figure in matte white and then when I was painting her robe I put another thin coat of white on. Then mixed a very pale grey (just barely off white) to paint the lowlights on it.
    You could paint a realistic white robe by starting with Bone White (Bleached Bone?), letting it dry, putting on some really diluted brown wash (I used Army Painter Quick Shade Soft tone Ink), letting it dry carefully and then mix bone white with some pure white. Adding more and more white until youŽre satisfied. It gives a "warm" white colour and the shades wont be too dark. IŽll try to post pictures of my Tilda later.

I also used this teqnique to paint the robe on a female doctor in Mansions of Madness and the result was great.

If you want a more "cold white" you start with a light blue or blue grey, adding more and more white.

These minis look superb! I ordered M&M a couple of days ago, I am very much looking forward to playing and painting it!

Quote Originally Posted by cedspectre1 View Post
    I have finished the set leaving the heroes for last. I am pretty happy with the way they turned out and wanted to share them with you guys Before this I havent painted anything, but when I decided to give this a shot I did a ton of research and watch a lot of painting tutorials haha

http://imgur.com/a/5cqn7
    I know this is an ancient thread, but I wanted to let you know we're really inspired by your work! We're just starting out on painting our M&M minis, and you captured the "look" we're shooting for very well! Kudos to you, and thanks for sharing!