Thread: Dorgan ability question

Default Dorgan ability question

Dorgan has an ability that reads along the lines of "add brawn rating to magic rating when attacking". Does this mean that, when Dorgan's target meets the ability's criteria (a non-dwarf hero for example), could Dorgen attack using either his magic or brawn and still add both ratings together for the attack value? I ask because we had an issue where a player insisted the ability suggests this only works when attacking with brawn, but the text doesn't designate a damage type as a criteria to use the effect. It just says "when attacking". Thanks

Example: if fighting a humanoid monster that was immune to brawn, could Dorgen still add his magic and brawn together for attacks using magic damage?

I think the way it works is that Dorgan's ability is to add your magic to your brawn when certain criteria are met, giving him a magic of 1 and a brawn of 6. He can choose to attack with either, but if he attacks with magic, he only gets one die. So for your example, he would get only one die.

Quote Originally Posted by bantha View Post
    I think the way it works is that Dorgan's ability is to add your magic to your brawn when certain criteria are met, giving him a magic of 1 and a brawn of 6. He can choose to attack with either, but if he attacks with magic, he only gets one die. So for your example, he would get only one die.
    Yes, this is correct. If you attack a non-dwarf hero or a humanoid monster (I believe that's correct) then you add your magic to brawn. For example, if you have one magic, add it to your brawn. If you have two magic, add it to your brawn to make 6. The same does not apply for magic. So if you attack an Ice Troll. which is immune to brawn, you still only get one magic.
    My Doug (fan) fiction can be found here

Summoner wars records as of June 1st: 11-2