Thread: Random Encounters

Default Random Encounters

Came up with a rule if you think there are too few monsters/treasures in a normal dungeon run game.

After the first player roams monsters, he rolls a six sided die.

1-2 ~ Nothing happens.
    3-4 ~ Player one draws cards from the encounter deck until a monster is drawn, then places that monster on any space with an open exit. If any trap or stranger cards were drawn, shuffle them back into the encounter deck.
    5-6 ~ As per 3-4, but put a face down treasure card under the monster.

Good idea. Normally placing a new monster would cause immediate battle, but you would probably have to ignore this rule since placing it on a room with multiple heroes would cause confusion as to who should attack it.

I have also thought of just treating all rooms like den except you don't place treasure after the first roll and you don't roll again if another hero is already there.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Good idea. Normally placing a new monster would cause immediate battle, but you would probably have to ignore this rule since placing it on a room with multiple heroes would cause confusion as to who should attack it.

I have also thought of just treating all rooms like den except you don't place treasure after the first roll and you don't roll again if another hero is already there.
    I like that idea. Having all the rooms like dens sure would increase the action of the game. However, there would be no escaping from the swarm of monsters.
    My Doug (fan) fiction can be found here

Summoner wars records as of June 1st: 11-2

pretty impress with idea it's nice