Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Summoner Wars Book

Filth and Mercs were both after the master set. And I think PE/TO was after GD/CG, though I'm not sure on that. Other than that, looks good to me.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

I'll tell you what, this is some really cool work you've been doing. I've been looking around for some kind of compendium of the cards so I don't have to dig through my collection every time I want to check a stat or something, and this project appears to be that plus a lot more.
    Playtesting under the pseudonym patmak1138.

Have you checked that this is OK with Colby?

Quote Originally Posted by schmots View Post
    Ok, three factions done. I have changed the background to address the few comments I got about readability.

I also want to see that I have the release order down right.

Phoenix Elves
    Tundra Orcs

Cave Goblins
    Guild Dwarves

Vanguards
    Fallen Kingdom
    Cloaks
    Jungle Elves

Filth

Benders
    Deep Dwarves
    Mountain Vargath
    Shadow Elves
    Sand Goblins
    Swamp Orcs

Mercenaries
    Pretty sure both Starter Sets were released simultaneously, but not 100% on that as I got into the game with the Master Set. This is my numbered list for release order:

1. Phoenix Elves (PE seems to be the first faction to me, especially since it's free on iOS)
    2. Tundra Orcs

3. Cave Goblins (Then I usually go alphabetical)
    4. Guild Dwarves

5. Fallen Kingdom (These were released at a completely separate time from CL and JE)
    6. Vanguards

7. Cloaks
    8. Jungle Elves

9. Benders (Although these 6 factions were released together, they aren't in alphabetical order for me because of the reinforcement packs)
    10. Deep Dwarves
    11. Sand Goblins
    12. Shadow Elves
    13. Mountain Vargath (these last two factions of the Master Set for their reinforcements later)
    14. Swamp Orcs

15. Filth
    16. Mercenaries (Not only are these in alphabetical order, I feel MR should be last anyway as they can be put into any other faction. No real identity for the faction as a whole other than their Summoner)
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

Quote Originally Posted by tortugatron View Post
    Pretty sure both Starter Sets were released simultaneously, but not 100% on that as I got into the game with the Master Set. This is my numbered list for release order:

1. Phoenix Elves (PE seems to be the first faction to me, especially since it's free on iOS)
    2. Tundra Orcs

3. Cave Goblins (Then I usually go alphabetical)
    4. Guild Dwarves

5. Fallen Kingdom (These were released at a completely separate time from CL and JE)
    6. Vanguards

7. Cloaks
    8. Jungle Elves

9. Benders (Although these 6 factions were released together, they aren't in alphabetical order for me because of the reinforcement packs)
    10. Deep Dwarves
    11. Sand Goblins
    12. Shadow Elves
    13. Mountain Vargath (these last two factions of the Master Set for their reinforcements later)
    14. Swamp Orcs

15. Filth
    16. Mercenaries (Not only are these in alphabetical order, I feel MR should be last anyway as they can be put into any other faction. No real identity for the faction as a whole other than their Summoner)
    The two starter sets were released at the same time, and the rest of this breakdown is right on.

Taking much longer than I expected. I have 8 factions done. First 7 and the Benders (I started thinking I would build it alphabetical then changed after the first faction). So I figure I am about 40% done. The Filth and the Mercs have more cards than everyone else, plus I want to add the Instructions to the book. Make it a great introduction to Summoner Wars. Something you can give your friends to make them excited about the game. I considered adding a how-to vassal section, but I think that combined with my intention for the book it would take away from people paying for decks.

As always a current print test version is available in my signature.
    Share Summoner Wars with your friends. Use my Summoner Wars book to share interest or to keep as a reference. Two versions available, Standard for computer viewing, and printable to print out.

Standard Version
    Printable Version

Want your custom factions in VASSAL? Here is instructions

PE, CG, TO, GD, are first 4, and all together. VG FK next. Then CL and JE. Then Master set factions. Finally, FL and mercs together.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

This is pretty neat! Being an amateur author myself, I plan on writing some fan fiction stuff. Mostly for dungeon run. I also plan on doing a story from the cave goblin's point of view.
    My Doug (fan) fiction can be found here

Summoner wars records as of June 1st: 11-2

Hey, the book isn't dead. I am working on it again. Done up to the Benders plus the filth. Now I also have approval from Colby for this project so that is nice. Each section takes about 2-3 hours to layout and tweak so I still have at least 12 hours just for the factions left. That's not counting second summoners which I will add in after Reinforcements, nor the instructions and vassal info. Once I finish this I am toying with the idea of working on a Summoner Wars magazine I will call The Summoning Stone. It will also be free distribution. My wife asks me why I am doing these things as, especially with the book, this information is on the website. I believe that a nice pdf to give someone will be more interesting than a website and more likely to be looked at. Plus with the magazine, which I plan to get community help with so look out for that, it will be easier to say "see issue 2 for that Fallen Kingdom strategy" then search google or the forums.

As always a link to the current state of the book is in my signature. Hope to have it finished in a week or so.
    Share Summoner Wars with your friends. Use my Summoner Wars book to share interest or to keep as a reference. Two versions available, Standard for computer viewing, and printable to print out.

Standard Version
    Printable Version

Want your custom factions in VASSAL? Here is instructions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12