Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Play City (of Remnants) for Dummies...

Round 6

Round six's Reset phase has shuffling all but a Technician in his discard pile and drawing four new cards (because his Influence is still a five).
    Green will shuffle his recently spent Thumper and friend into the bottom of his draw pile and gain two new cards (thanks to his Influence of six).
    Both players reset their action markers and the first player token is passed to Green's greedy little hands.
    In the new Black Market, we have an Advanced Weapons, something I've been needing, the last Trade Agreement and another Forbidden Knowledge.
    For beginning of the round, Red will get his two ARCs as usual, and Green will get five, thanks to his Trade Agreement and an additional three ARCs are placed on his Odin Kester card which is sitting above his Trade card (remember that this is the investment broker guy and he gets three at the beginning of every round, on the "sly").
    Green lays down three Steals and draws three new cards declining to spend any Renown this round.
    He decides to take a Sell action as he has ten Products on the map.
    With his Renown of six, he can only sell six per action and he wisely chooses to sell three from each Warehouse netting him twenty four ARCs.
    Red leader looks down in frustration and contemplates his next move.
    I've lost two big engagements, my four figures are sitting over there in death limbo, waiting to be re-recruited again. I've learned that I can't attack head on, no matter how powerful my cards might be (eight defense dice is tough)...
    I need to take a Move action and shuffle my homies to the end of the giant "T", giving me a chance at a victory.
    I look at my nine figures on the board and see Green's eleven...
    Strangely, I have something I don't want to leave all abandoned too, my Renown sites and my nightclub.
    I Move five figures and manage to engage Green with five dice, to his four.
    I assign four nobodies from my hand and a random from the top of my deck which turns out to be my leader Garius, for fourteen before the roll.
    Green lays down his Jara with two Bodyguards for twelve, but seeing that he's at a disadvantage with the dice, he adds a Mercenary and rolls a five "somehow". His total before rolling is seventeen to my fourteen.
    After rolling Green is twenty five and Red is twenty one...
    Red sends a Foreman to the grave and removes a figure from the contested square of the Warehouse.
    Red's fight isn't all bad though because he finally rolled a battle total of more than eighteen, gaining him some much needed Influence.
    Looking at his mostly empty hand (I have a Mysterious Benefactor for if I beat Green), I draw six cards now (thanks to my increase in Influence) from my draw pile and hope they're good enough to face War Drones...
    I reveal two Scrappers and some others, totaling ten before rolling. Green has two War Drones, a Bodyguard without his boss, and two Mercenaries for a total of thirteen.
    After rolling, Red loses again. Nothing gained, no Warehouse contested, just figures in the grave, this time, a Dealer.
    My Mysterious Benefactor in my hand for beating Green in a battle, still in my hand.
    Wow, three big engagements where we were almost "closely" matched and I come away with all skeletons...
    I need some Advanced Weapons as Green studies his second action.
    Green decides he needs some Black Market time again, and after selling his six products last action, he's got money falling out of all his pockets...
    Green chooses Advanced Weapons because he knows what those would mean to the Red team. Also, while he's there, he'll pick up a shopping bag full of Renown for anther eighteen ARCs.
    He lays the permanent Advanced Weapons down above his Trade Agreement but below Mr Odin Kester and his money making enterprise, and moves his action marker forward one space happily.
    For Red's second action, he's feeling a little unhappy.
    His forces on the map now number seven and my nightclub is empty, as is some of my other spots. I badly need to reinforce my homies and reclaim my club before Green realizes the opening he has.
    Oddly enough though, the two figures I moved to the end of the giant "T" to support my fight last action, are still there. Still threatening and "looming" looking all ugly and mad.
    I'm wondering if that will deter Green from coming for my club, the thought that I'm still looking to bust open his Warehouse and burn it down.
    I chose a Move action and bring the last three of my original gang onto the map and move another three around a little bit, keeping my guys near the Warehouse and reclaiming my club, even if it's only with one figure (my buddy system started failing when my buddies started dying).
    For Green's third action, I see him look at the two figures on his player mat and know that he's thinkin', that he can push up the middle now, towards my nightclub, with both fighters and have a five dice (because of his newly purchased Advanced Weapons) against four dice advantage.
    This would put him one square away from taking my club, something that would put a serious dent on my chances of winning by Renown.
    But something else has attracted his attention. The second Forbidden Knowledge card, making his previous one worth all the more, is sitting there for a measly three ARCs.
    If he doesn't buy it now, he must on his fourth action and he must have something else planned for that.
    Dropping three for the second visit to the Market this round, he decides he might as well spend more ARCs for Renown, buying three for nine.
    Now Forbidden Knowledge isn't a permanent card and you don't lay it down near your player mat. It goes in your hand and sorta takes up space and right now, it's the only card Green has in his hand after fighting for his Warehouse in action one.
    Red also has one card in his hand, but it's my Mysterious Benefactor and all it's giving me is the one ARCs.
    For my third action, I notice that Green only has one card in his draw pile so even if it's one of his Thumpers, his attack won't be all that intense.
    I don't think he'll try it so I'm making a bold move, ignoring my thinly scattered pieces.
    I play my Mysterious Benefactor and gain one ARCs.
    I'm going to purchase a development and the Gatorum Towers looks most beneficial. It's only six ARCs and it can only be placed on green spaces.
    I put it on one of my single Renown award spaces, away from Green's "T" where I have a single figure "holding down the fort".
    This puts me in control of two "Heights" developments and my Influence will raise to it's highest, seven.
    Green is clearly upset about this development, it's the last of the available green tiles and it's giving me a large lead in the Renown department now.
    For Green's fourth and final action, he decides a good defense is a great offense. He moves another two figures onto the map and reinforces the weak side of his "T" where I was attacking.
    For my final action, I'm thinking I did what I needed to do. I have a bunch of Renown coming and I don't think my opponent is close to counter attacking me yet.
    I might struggle with the coming Yugai though, as "spread" as my team is. I could take a Refresh and get some cards back in my hand but I'm feeling some confidence from somewhere.
    Red decides to Recruit and as Green has no actions left, Red takes an Ex-Soldier to end the player phase.
    When the Yugai come, they hit two of my central spots, but not with much ferocity. A five where I have two dice and an eleven with four dice.
    I only have Ex-soldier boy in my hand though, so for the first battle, the five, I'll throw two of my last three deck cards.
    Revealing a Scout and a Trader, I have two to add to my dice roll of one, and crap, I just lost a Scout (and the one Renown he was standing on).
    For the eleven battle, I'm assigning my new Ex-Soldier and a my last deck card, a Mysterious Benefactor which instantly goes in the discard as I grunt.
    I guess I'm spending my last two ARCs to boost my EX-Soldier boy which gives me a six plus a die roll of three..!
    (Oh my luck! Not only did I lose my newly bought Ex-Soldier but now he dies at the hands of the Yugai and, I still have a battle left with my last figure, and no cards to use..! Double yuck!)
    Three naked dice against an eleven Yugai and I have no chance. Another death and this time, I have to search through my discard pile for a victim.
    Another Scout goes to it's grave while Green laughs some more.
    Wow, what a beating from the big glossy robots! At least I couldn't call more of 'em down on us...

For the Renown, Green calmly totals eight and Red tallies eight plus a die roll from his Tower, four more, makes twelve bringing us to the end of a punishing round six.

Round 1
    Action 1 - Red - Recruit Technician
    Green - two Steals, one Jara, Buys Trade Agreement
    Action 2 - Red - Recruit Trader
    Green - Develops Red Eden District (Light)
    Action 3 - Red - Recruit Fighter
    Green - Moves four figures, controls Red Eden
    Action 4 - Red - Recruit Thief
    Green - Refresh action, one Steal, one Jara

Round 2
    Action 1 - Green - two Steals, one Jara, Buys War Drone
    Red - Recruit Dealer
    Action 2 - Green - Moves (six figures on map)
    Red - Recruit Trader
    Action 3 - Green - Develops Warehouse, controls Warehouse
    Red - Recruit Foreman
    Action 4 - Green - Produce, two on Warehouse, one on Red Eden
    Red - Recruit Foreman

Round 3
    Action 1 - Red - Recruit Dealer
    Green - two Steals, Move
    Action 2 - Red - Move
    Green - Buys War Drone
    Action 3 - Red - Move
    Green - Sell products
    Action 4 - Red - Move (ten men Influence award)
    Green - Buys War Drone
    Green fights Yugai with three War Drones (eighteen battle Influence award)

Round 4
    Action 1 - Green - one Steal, Recruits Odin Kestor
    Red - Recruits Zar Tayvius
    Action 2 - Green - Move (Influence reward for ten figures)
    Red - Move
    Action 3 - Green - Move
    Red - Move "Attack"
    Action 4 - Green - Buys second Warehouse
    Red - Refresh

Round 5
    Action 1 - Red - two Mysterious Benefactors, Buys Club Silver X
    Green - three Steals, Produce
    Action 2 - Red - Move, "attack Yugai"
    Green - lays Odin Kester, Buys Forbidden Knowledge and six Renown
    Action 3 - Red - Refresh
    Green - Produce
    Action 4 - Red - Move "attack"
    Green - Refresh

Round 6
    Action 1 - Green - three Steals, Sells six products
    Red - Move "attack" (battle score of eighteen, Influence award)
    Action 2 - Green - buys Advanced Weapons and six Renown
    Red - Move
    Action 3 - Green - buys Forbidden Knowledge and three Renown
    Red - one Mysterious Benefactor, Develops Gatorum Towers (two Heights buildings Influence award)
    Action 4 - Green - Move
    Red - Recruit Ex-Soldier
    Last edited by B376Bishop; 04-22-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Round 7

The round seven Reset comes with both players shuffling their discards to the bottom of their draws, and Green taking his six, Red now his seven.
    After drawing my seven, I'm shocked at how few cards I have left in my deck. With all the battling that my crew has done, I'm down to four cards left in my draw pile (and three of those are still Mysterious Benefactors, nope one's in my hand).
    We reset our action markers and the first player token goes to Red, thankfully.
    For Market items, there's another Advanced Weapons that I'm drooling to get my hands on, a Smoke Bomb, a Computer Terminal and a Communication Device.
    The new gang members are three littles and Ryzin Haru, the Blue team's "champion".
    Now, Ryzin's ability is to allow you to sell up to three Product tokens without spending an action and it works for all teams, even if you're Green which means my little friend with four tokens still on the board is looking his way.
    He also fights with a three for Red and a two for Green (a four for Blue if you were curious) so he might be a good fighter for my team (although certainly no replacement for Mr Zar Tayvius)...
    For starter monies, Green receives his auto two, three from the Trade Agreement he bought oh so long ago and three will also be placed on his Odin Kester money maker card above his player mat.
    Red will receive his normal two because he has no special abilities that let him gain more.
    For the start of Red's first action, I'll lay down my Mysterious Benefactor (Yellow) card and since there's no Yellow team present, I'll spend the card for the five ARCs reward and put the card in the box, never to be seen again (at least not in this game).
    I have seven ARCs now against Green's six, so I could outbid him on the hero Ryzin Haru, but luckily, I have a Technician in my hand. I lay him down and declare that I will Recruit Mr Ryzin.
    And for the first time all game, it feels like I finally denied him something you know, all this time, he's been taking my cards and killing my homies...
    Green is looking at me like he's ready to deal the death blow and he's picked up the second Advanced Weapons card and looked at it to see that there's nothing mentioned about not "stacking" permanent cards.
    Two Advanced Weapons cards would give him a permanent two dice extra for every battle he's in and would pretty much mean I'd die every time I fought him (and his Thumpers)...
    And the fact that he has thirteen figures on the board all closely huddled to his homeland. Makes a boy think you know.
    Green lays down his two Steals to start his action and draws two new cards declining the Renown for money scheme because he's all worried about the Renown count now.
    He then lays down a third Steal and draws another card and while he studies it, I can see his temptation building. I'm outgaining him in Renown every turn but my forces are desperately thin while his can't swell much more.
    With the beginning of the round, if there were a good time to do some killing, it would be now because he could always Refresh later and do some more killing...
    Green decides he's going to think smart and go with his initial plan, money. He chooses a Sell action to clear his last four Products from his spaces, and gain twelve ARCs (eight for two Warehouse tokens and four for two Red Edens).
    For Red's second action, I'll take some Advanced Weapons for four ARCs and quickly slap that above my player mat.
    I don't have any extra money (well three) to spend on Renown but I'm okay with that and happy I got to make my purchase before my little opponent.
    Green's startin' to think that every turn he procrastinates, I'm growing stronger. He's got no new figures to distribute from his pool so if he did attack, he'd be leaving "someplace" valuable weaker. He needs ten figures to hold down his three building squares (using the buddy system) so that leaves just three figures to be his "support".
    Attacking "the line", the most you can hope for is four attack dice plus your Advanced Weapons for five. But the defender can usually mount eight if he's "fortified", which I'm not very...
    Green goes for a Move action and it's more of a slap in the face to Red. He moves two of his "support" figures right up the middle and attacks my center green land square on his side.
    He's got two figures on my one, five dice to my four (including my Advanced Weapons) but I've got a slightly higher influence and a weaker deck...
    He lays down four cards from his hand I know he thinks they'll be enough. I lay all six from my hand, and one blindly for I'm about to assert my dominance in the fighting (luck where are you now!)
    Green reveals his boss Jara with a Bodyguard, a Mercenary and Thumper numero uno totaling sixteen before the roll.
    Red reveals his boss, Garius and the newly acquired Ryzin, a Scrapper and Dealer along with two Traders for a whopping total of sixteen as well..!
    The dice drop and it's his twenty two against my nineteen... Red loses, again...
    I sadly toss my Dealer to the grim reaper and remove my figure. Ugh, I thought I might've had that one...
    For Red's third action, I need bodies and I need them right now, protecting my rich people's skyscrapers for a few more rounds.
    Unfortunately, there's a lot of Yugai in between my starting space and my buildings.
    I have to hope that Green's not about to attack me drawing blindly from his deck to take my club (which gives an additional two Renown if captured from an enemy).
    If he did, it would be my two dice against his five...
    I'm dropping a Mysterious Benefactor, this time a Blue, for the five ARCs and permanent removal of that card and I'm buying the Communication Device (because it's key to calling my Ryzin or Garius, to battle when I need them most). And it's only two ARCs.
    I won't buy any extra Renown as I've only six ARCs left and they don't come my way easily.
    Green's third action is to, oh crap, Move. He's shifting some of his gangers, leavin' some without a buddy on the Warehouses, to attack my nightclub in the center of town.
    He's gonna draw blindly, oh there he goes, one from his hand and five blind from his deck.
    I can only respond with seven blindly from my deck (I only have the newly purchased Communication Device in my hand)...
    He's got two War Drones, two Mercenaries, a Bodyguard and a Forbidden Knowledge that goes into his discard immediately.
    A total of thirteen before the roll.
    For Red, I can only lay the three cards left in my draw pile, and turning them, one's a Mysterious believe it or not, for the Green. I do have a Fighter and a Scrapper for a total of four.
    Luck just doesn't seem to go my way I think as I shake my two dice...
    Green rolls a bunch of blanks for five, a total of eighteen and Red rolls five, for a total of nine. Red dies, again. Clubhouse taken, in the night...
    I guess I'm letting go of Scrapper this battle. He's served me well but now he's in his retirement.
    By taking over the Club Silver X, Green is awarded two Renown (not to mention that it's sittin' on the three Renown map space, and that it's worth six Renown by itself).
    And Green's got two buddies on the club with two supporting it (and their Advanced Weapons) so it's not going anywhere soon...
    Red team's leader tries to wipe the tears from his eyes as he studies his next action, his fourth action and final before the Yugai come.
    With five lonely, unsupported figures on the board, it's almost a game over and try to re-recruit shaft. I put up my best wave against the breakers and I was broken.
    Now just the pieces remain and I'm not sure what to do with them, if anything.
    Being only left with my Gatorum Tower, I can't Produce. I don't have much money for buying another development, all I can really do is start to recover my forces and sadly, Recruit.
    I'll take the Fighter unchallenged for my fourth action.
    Green's last action is one of intelligence. He declares he will Recruit as well and picks up Gambler (because I can't bid on him) and because of his three attack strength for Green.
    Green adds his fourteenth figure to his player mat's pool and the player phase of the round is over.
    Last edited by B376Bishop; 04-22-2013 at 11:18 PM.

When the blasted Yugai come, they hit my Tower with an eleven, one of Green's Warehouse spaces with a five and one of his "blanks" with a five also.
    Having only one figure at my Tower and even with two dice thanks to my Advanced Weapons, I only have one card in my hand and none again in my draw pile.
    Meaning, that homie is on his own and livin' on a prayer if you know what I mean.
    But his "price tag" is six ARCs and just luckily, I have the six to buy him off. Goodbye Mr Man with my money..!
    Green has to step away from the table at this point, he's laughing so hard and deep that he's coughing, oh and he's rolling around on the floor now, slapping his knees.
    When Green recovers himself, he decides he's not going to let some five forced Yugai upset his plan for City domination. His first battle, in the Warehouse, has six dice, seven with the Weapons (against a five).
    Green rolls seven dice with no cards assigned to the battle (yes he's cocky sometimes) and gets an eleven, goodbye Yugai maybe, yep rolled a four for a reward, three ARCs Green's way.
    For Green's second encouter with the coppers, he has another seven dice against a five so, no real challenge there.
    For his reward, he rolls a one and has to give back his three ARCs, something he does with a whole lot of moaning and complaining...
    Thankfully though, we silenced the Yugai without too much exposure eh.
    For Renown, Green smiles as he says nineteen, his Warehouses having a Renown rating of "X" which translates into the number of developments currently in your control (so for Green it's four, each)
    Red will gain a die roll thanks to his lingering control on the Gatorum Tower, and two for the spaces he's occupying still on the map, a total of five Renown this round.

Round 1

Round 2
    Red - Recruit Dealer
    Red - Recruit Trader
    Red - Recruit Foreman
    Red - Recruit Foreman

Round 3
    Green - two Steals, Move
    Action 2 - Red - Move
    Green - Buys War Drone
    Action 3 - Red - Move
    Green - Sell products
    Green - Buys War Drone

Round 4
    Red - Move
    Action 3 - Green - Move
    Red - Move "Attack"
    Red - Refresh

Round 5
    Action 3 - Red - Refresh
    Green - Produce
    Green - Refresh

Round 6
    Red - Move
    Red - one Mysterious Benefactor, Develops Gatorum Towers (two Heights buildings Influence award)
    Action 4 - Green - Move
    Red - Recruit Ex-Soldier

Round 7
    Action 1 - Red - one Mysterious Benefactor, Recruits Ryzin Haru
    Green - three Steals, Sells four products
    Action 2 - Red - Buys Advanced Weapons
    Green - Move "first Green offensive"
    Action 3 - Red - one Mysterious Benefactor, buys Communication Device
    Green - Move "second Green offensive" takes Club Silver X
    Action 4 - Red - Recruit Fighter
    Green - Recruits Gambler
    Last edited by B376Bishop; 04-22-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Round 8

The Reset action this round is crucial. Both my hand and Green's are sitting in our discard piles, thanks to all the combat...
    We reset our action markers to the zero and I notice as I'm scrapping the Black Markets and remaining ganger, that there's only three cards of gangers left and two Black Markets.
    I shuffle the piles of each, that have been discarded throughout the game, stick that pile under the current ones and draw the top four giving us both, a chance to rerecruit someone if we missed them the first time (or buy a Trade Agreement).
    For beginning monies, Green gets his usual five and three more placed on his Odin Kester card (which now has nine ARCs on it).
    Red receives his usual two ARCs...
    The first player token indicates that it's Green's turn first and he's quite clearly in control of the game, having thirteen figures on the board to my five, gaining nineteen Renown per turn to my two (plus a dice roll) and lest I forget, three War Drones in his deck.
    Green lays down a Steal and draws a new card ignoring the Renown for cash gig. He then lays another Steal (one he most likely just drew) for another card and eventually, he's out of Steals.
    He then looks at his Influence marker and decides to spend the twelve ARCs and just get his seven, so we're "even" he says...
    Because it doesn't cost an action to spend money for Influence, I'm still awaiting Green's "actual" action.
    When he does declare it (three minutes later), it's a Move action and he seems to be wanting to make a statement.
    He moves seven figures now, three spaces each, bringing one from his pool, and shifting five more until he has two figures on my end of the "T", reinforced by two from his Warehouse space (where I had last supported my boys).
    It's his four dice (plus one for Advanced Weapons) against my two (plus one).
    He lays three from his hand and three blindly.
    Red team lays three from his hand and the last three from my draw pile (nervous pause)...
    Green reveals all three of his Thumpers and a Mercenary and Gambler for a total nineteen.
    Red reveals Garius, two Scrappers and a Trader with a Fighter for sixteen.
    The dice are dropped and it's Red's death, again.
    Red chooses to send Trader to his relatives and it's round two of the battle.
    Green will send three cards and another three from his deck because he sees that I can only dump the four in my hand and none from my deck (because it's gone).
    Green's total with some Jara and Bodyguards is fifteen. Red's is four with Ryzin and a Trader.
    The roll is not going to be good for Red, I only have two dice (the minimum with Advanced Weapons).
    I die again and send another Trader eternally homeward.
    Wow, it's my first action and I have three figures on the board, none of 'em supported in any way and an empty hand. I need to salvage "something" and quick or it's game over already...
    Red's first action is to Move, consolidating my forces on my Gatorum Tower and moving three from my pool into the City figuring even if I don't have the cards to draw, I can at least count on the dice and the Weapons.
    For Green's second action, he's also in the same boat as Red, no cards in his hand and only two in his deck. Green chooses a Refresh even though I sense he really wants to move again and finish me off this round.
    Red pauses before his second action but not for long. I need to keep flooding the map with bodies, that's been my strategy from the beginning and it's too late now to deviate.
    I chose to Recruit and since Green doesn't want to waste the action on an Ex-Soldier, I gain another figure in my pool.
    Green's third action is calculated. His forces on the map look like a giant "+" symbol so his homies are all reinforced and "supported". He has the advantage but if he pushes it too much eliminating all of my forces, he might weaken his structure to the point of failing, something he's all kinds of against.
    Studying the map and spying my lack of cards once again, Green chooses a Move and shifts some more people to eliminate another of my weakly held squares.
    He stacks seven dice against my three (assume I'm calculating the Advanced Weapons on both sides automatically now okay people...)
    With only one figure on my square, Green's quick to lay down three cards from his hand, face up even so I can see quite clearly what's killin' me.
    One Drone and two Mercenaries worth ten.
    I've got a Technician and an Ex-Soldier that I just recruited in my hand and one of them has to die here.
    I chose to throw Techie boy because I really don't need to outbid anymore, my Zar is long gone and he's not comin' back.
    Green gains another square and happily moves his action tracker forward.
    For Red's third action, I need a miracle now. Everything feels futile and I'm thinkin' about conceding...
    I decide on another Recruit, this time a Dealer, unchallenged by Green (with laughter).

Green's fourth action involves some movement. Having to abandon the buddy system in order to conquer more ground, he has left himself vulnerable for Yugai raids but he seems confident in his cards.
    He's snatched two out of the four single Renown reward spaces and he still has control of my nightclub in the center (for eleven Renown) and now he's attacking another of my squares, again with only a single figure on it.
    His eight dice against my three and I'm glad I bought poor Dealer...
    Green is so confident in his battle that he throws no cards.
    Looking at my hand, I can toss Dealer and Ex-Soldier, not enough to make a difference but I'll toss Dealer as I can "afford" to lose 'im.
    For my fourth action, well honestly I'm surprised to still be here.
    I have four figures on the board and they're not very well positioned, I'm trying to hold my Tower.
    With two more in my pool, I should take a move action but it's the last turn of the round and that should make you hesitate...
    Black Market items don't really look important (even the Trade Agreement now seems useless) and there's no "key" gangers.
    Really, it's too late in the game for me to switch gears and try another approach. I can't out money Green, I'm already losing in Renown and not about to change that anytime soon.
    It really feels like my Red Wave of Destruction was broken and my remnants, discarded.
    I'll take a Move action and try to support my Gatorum Tower for another round, moving two from my pool.
    The Yugai drop is an eleven on my old nightclub and a seven in the heart of my people.
    Green will conduct his battle first as he's the first player still (and the most excited).
    Without wanting to lose his nightclub right before Renown award time, he drops a War Drone and two from his hand that turn out to be a Forbidden Knowledge and a Steal..!
    Still he has four points with six dice, against an eleven.
    When Green rolls, gasps escape from us both! He rolled five, added to his Thumper is nine, against an eleven..!
    He loses his Thumper and oh my gosh, the complaining and whining and excuses, you would not believe people...
    For the second round of the battle, Green wastes no time in drawing seven cards blindly from his deck and sending them to battle.
    He rolls and adds a total of twenty, beating the armor off those Yugai and leaving them as smoking corpses.
    His reward is a four gaining him three ARCs which he claims to need (because he was all of down to eleven...)
    When my turn to battle comes against the Yugai, I'm a little nervous. Because of the position I'm in, I've got seven dice against a seven strength Yugai, I should be "okay" but I have nothing in my hand but an Ex-Solider and a Communication Device.
    I'll lay the Ex-Soldier and be thankful for the Reset action to come.
    My roll is a fourteen all added up and I'm waving the Yugai goodbye snatching three ARCs as well.
    For Renown awards this round, Green will get twenty one with all his buildings and "holdings". Red will get a die roll, two plus two making four, not good for the Red team as the end of the eighth round arrives.

Round 1

Round 2
    Red - Recruit Dealer
    Red - Recruit Trader
    Red - Recruit Foreman
    Red - Recruit Foreman

Round 3
    Green - two Steals, Move
    Action 2 - Red - Move
    Green - Buys War Drone
    Action 3 - Red - Move
    Green - Sell products
    Green - Buys War Drone

Round 4
    Red - Move
    Action 3 - Green - Move
    Red - Move "Attack"
    Red - Refresh

Round 5
    Action 3 - Red - Refresh
    Green - Produce
    Green - Refresh

Round 6
    Red - Move
    Action 4 - Green - Move
    Red - Recruit Ex-Soldier

Round 7
    Green - Recruits Gambler

Round 8
    Action 1 - Green - two Steals, (spends twelve ARCs for Influence), Move "attack"
    Red - Move
    Action 2 - Green - Refresh
    Red - Recruit Ex-Soldier
    Action 3 - Green - Move "fourth offensive, the clensing".
    Red - Recruit Dealer
    Action 4 - Green - Move "fifth, the clensing part two"
    Red - Move
    Last edited by B376Bishop; 04-22-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Round 9

For the Reset phase, we both shuffle our large piles of discards and draw up to, seven cards in our hands.
    I've still got my Garius and Ryzin and I know I'm not "dominating" in the deck power like I'd hoped to, I only have two other cards in my draw pile (meaning I have all of nine cards in my deck, not good).
    We reset our action markers and I draw a new batch of Markets and gangers.
    The first player token goes back to Red and the beginning monies are my normal two and my son's five plus three more on his Odin Kester.
    For my first action, I've decided that I haven't given up quite yet. I know it's bad but my gang isn't going down without a fight.
    The Yugai weakened my little friend's nightclub and if I can regain that, it puts me in a much better position.
    I don't have any figures in my pool so I can't move anybody new into the City. If I did move, it'd be my five dice against his five... Interesting.
    I chose a Move action and I'm contesting his Club Silver X (which was originally my Club Silver X).
    I lay Garius, Ryzin, a Scrapper and a Fighter choosing not to draw the last two from my deck. It still gives me an attack score of sixteen before rolling.
    Green lays three from his hand and two from his deck as he's not into losing his club. He reveals a Mercenary, a Gambler, a War Drone and a second Drone that he drew, along with a Forbidden Knowledge which he discarded for an attack score of fifteen.
    The dice drop and I win by three!
    His green figure disappears and it's my nightclub again, awesome! But even awesomer, I get two Renown for "reclaiming" my club, sweetness..!
    He drops the weakest of his cards, the Gambler and it's his (anger filled) turn.
    Now I can tell, without seeing the steam rise from his ears, that he wants "his" nightclub back. But I can also see him thinking. It's his first action so he wants to think about the next four actions as a "whole" and make 'em count. He knows he has me "on the ropes" so to speak huh.
    Green plays two Steals and draws new cards and yep, it doesn't look like he's wearing his "attack now" face.
    He really wants to kill my last six figures but he's spread dreadfully thin on his buildings. He ponders, he contemplates and in the end, it's the size of my deck that causes him to attack again, with whatever he's got left of his deck.
    Green Moves to recapture his nightclub.
    He lays four cards from his hand and three from his deck, intent on winning the first round (it's a two on two battle).
    I've got a Communication Device, a Mysterious Benefactor for Green and a Scrapper with two cards in my draw pile.
    The best I can hope for is to lose this round of the battle, and draw two fairly good cards (my boss and Ryzin are spent) in the hopes of winning a second round by "luck"...
    I throw my Scrapper and sure enough, Green's got nineteen with five dice to us apiece.
    The roll is decent on my part, but not enough to make a difference, Green wins and Red throws my last Scrapper to the graveyard.
    One of my red figures remains and I'm not quite done fightin' for my club.
    My last two cards are Scout and Ex-Solider so I'll spend the extra two ARCs for his Incentive, a total of seven.
    Green doesn't have much left and is counting on his dice. He lays his last draw card, a Mercenary for three and the dice are thrown.
    Red wins, barely, but wins indeed! One of Green's figures is outta there and he loses his Mercenary.
    A round three in battle!
    I have nothing in my hand nor does Green so it's all up to lady luck here...
    The dice are rolled again and I'm thinking Green has lost all his mighty luck, until he beats me by one point.
    The nightclub is his, I lose my last Scout and it's dark on the Red empire tonight.
    Another two Renown go Green's way, for the "recapture" of "his" nightclub.
    For Red's second action, I'm all kinds of limited.
    I have four figures and none from my pool to reinforce them. I have no cards so even a refresh and a recruit won't get me to a point where I can do "much"...
    But it's that or concede and while I'm holding my Gatorum Tower, well I'm not quite done yet.
    For my second action, Red plays his cards Mysterious Benefactor for the one ARCs and Communication Device, to call the card Garius to his hand, and shuffling his discard back into his draw. All while not actually "using" an action.
    But it's upon performing this action, that I notice I have only six cards in my deck (and that's pretty close to an automatic game over scenario).
    I really need some backup and quick. Red chooses to Recruit an Informer which goes unchallenged again, with a chuckle.
    From Green's silence at the arrival of his turn, I can tell that he really wants to beat the crap outta me for fightin' in his nightclub. He's also all about ending this before allowin' me a chance to "recover".
    Green chooses to Refresh because without cards in his hand, he really can't do much attacking.
    Red's third action is a big fat disappointment. There's nobody above a strength of one for me to recruit. I have one figure in my pool and only my boss and Informer in my hand.
    I'll take a Refresh in the hopes that I'll have all of my "deck" in my hand if the crap hits the fan (which I'm assuming it will shortly).
    Green lays down a Steal and draws a card, seeming to have everything he needs.
    He chooses a Move action and even abandons his Red Eden building (that's how I know it's bad) to attack.
    He's got two figures attacking my Tower, six dice to my five.
    And Green lays four cards from his hand and none from his deck.
    Red is in trouble now. I've got a feeling that I can't beat his first round participants. Even if I throw everything I've got, I just can't compete against War Drone Thumpers.
    I'll drop one Informer as a "sacrifice", maybe I'll get lucky...
    Even with a good roll on my part, I'm still lots short and my Informer goes to pack his personal belongings.
    Round two of the battle involves me desperately trying to hold my Tower. I drop my "all", Garius, Ryzin, Fighter and Ex-Soldier for a total of eighteen (I even spend the extra two ARCs to make sure my Ex-Soldier boy is sufficiently "pumped" for the battle).
    Green lays two cards and draws five from his deck resulting in his Jara and three Bodyguards, a total of fifteen before the rolling.
    When the dice settle, it's Red by a point!
    My young friend sadly buries his Bodyguard and removes a figure.
    But it's still one against one now, round three of the battle and we're both "depleted".
    He lays nothing from his hand and nothing to draw, I lay nothing from my hand and nothing to draw forever after being known as "rolling naked".
    His five dice against my four and it's Green wins. Again it seems.
    Red loses control of his Gatorum Tower and there's no cards involved so Red will search his discard pile for a "victim"... Fighter it is, sadly.

For Red's fourth and final action, I've lost it big time I think.
    I have two figures on the map, not doin' much of anything. I only have one in my player mat's pool so he's not going to help much.
    My deck consists of five cards, even though my Influence is seven.
    At this point, I have no Renown next round whereas my clever opponent will have fourteen, plus a die roll for my Tower. I'm pretty sure that will put him above one hundred Renown, which makes it really hard for my team to overcome.
    Looking at my Renown pile of forty five, I know I've failed somehow and I officialy concede defeat to my laughing opponent, in the fourth action of round nine.

Round 1

Round 2
    Red - Recruit Dealer
    Red - Recruit Trader
    Red - Recruit Foreman
    Red - Recruit Foreman

Round 3
    Green - two Steals, Move
    Action 2 - Red - Move
    Green - Buys War Drone
    Action 3 - Red - Move
    Green - Sell products
    Green - Buys War Drone

Round 4
    Red - Move
    Action 3 - Green - Move
    Red - Move "Attack"
    Red - Refresh

Round 5
    Action 3 - Red - Refresh
    Green - Produce
    Green - Refresh

Round 6
    Red - Move
    Action 4 - Green - Move
    Red - Recruit Ex-Soldier

Round 7
    Green - Recruits Gambler

Round 8
    Action 1 - Green - two Steals, (spends twelve ARCs for Influence), Move "attack"
    Red - Move
    Action 2 - Green - Refresh
    Red - Recruit Ex-Soldier
    Action 3 - Green - Move "fourth offensive, the clensing".
    Red - Recruit Dealer
    Action 4 - Green - Move "fifth, the clensing part two"
    Red - Move

Round 9
    Action 1 - Red - Move "fight to regain Club Silver X"
    Green - two Steals, "retaking of Club Silver X"
    Action 2 - Red - Recruit Informer
    Green - Refresh
    Action 3 - Red - Refresh
    Green - one Steal, Move "the final killing"
    Action 4 - Red - Concedes defeat
    Last edited by B376Bishop; 04-22-2013 at 11:21 PM.

So okay, what did we learn...
    Well, if you were curious, Red had fourty five Renown when he surrendered, Green had ninety, exactly double (not even counting his Forbidden Knowledge cards or any Black Market items for that matter).
    It seems the "gather sixteen" figures and THEN move is not the most perfect tactic. I would've been better off, slowly harrasing Green before he had enough time to properly "welcome" my wave.
    One of the things my son (the Green player) said at the end of the game, was jeese, I wonder how much impact that very first action, to buy the Trade Agreement, had on the overall scheme of things.
    And looking back, I can only agree. Grabbing the Trade Agreement might've helped me acquire some of his War Drones.
    So I did some things wrong, and I did some right (maybe very little though).
    I think, looking back at my graveyard tally (which I'll share if you wanted to see it), I lost sixteen figures before the beginning of round nine.
    I had to throw every single one of the unit cards I build up so high in the beginning and the only thing, I think I should've done differently, was Recruit different people.
    Using the Red team to fight is what they do. Using them to fight and recruit, the right battles at the right time, well that's what makes them challenging I suppose.
    I think I also should've found better times to buy things. Some items seem to be really good in the early game, and not so important later and sometimes I caught myself buying something (Communication Device) that I never used.

So hey if you've made it this far, we'd like to give you a serious thanks for reading our thread huh.
    Please comment anything at all and look for our next battle, Yellow versus Blue in the weeks to come.
    Fight the Yugai people!

Red versus Green Graveyard Tally...

Round 4 action 3 - Zar Tayvius
    Round 4 action 3 - Foreman
    Round 5 action 2 - Scrapper
    Round 5 action 4 - Thief
    Round 5 action 4 - Scout to the Yugai
    Round 6 action 1 - Foreman
    Round 6 action 1- Dealer
    Round 6 Yugai - Scout
    Round 6 Yugai - Ex-Soldier
    Round 6 Yugai - Scout
    Round 7 action 2 - Dealer
    Round 7 action 3 - Scrapper
    Round 8 action 1 - Trader
    Round 8 action 1 - Trader
    Round 8 action 3 - Technician
    Round 8 action 4 - Dealer

Round 8 Yugai - War Drone (Greens)
    Round 9 action 1 - Gambler (Greens)

Round 9 action 1 - Scrapper

Round 9 action 1 - Mercenary (Greens)

Round 9 action 1 - Scout
    Round 9 action 3 - Informer

Round 9 action 3 - Bodyguard (Greens)

Round 9 action 3 - Fighter
    Last edited by B376Bishop; 04-22-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Hey, I finally had time to read through this thing. (And was likewise inspired by the fact that I got my copy yesterday!)

Thank you very much for the intense detailing of every round. It was really interesting to read through the game with your descriptions. (And mildly helpful in just figuring out the flow of the game and stuff as well, solidifying the rules and basic tactics in my mind)

Really cool. Sad to see nobody else commenting on it yet, you clearly put a lot of time into typing that up and writing it out, and it's an excellent walk through of a game.

Thanks for sharing though. It's really made my morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast