Thread: Tournament Announcement Thread Idea

Default Tournament Announcement Thread Idea

I play routinely with hardstor on iOS, and recently s/he floated the idea of having a "master list"-type thread in which all upcoming tournaments are announced. I think this is a great idea! People who are interested in signing up for tournaments could just subscribe to the announcement thread, and avoid having to hunt for the appropriate forum threads every time they want to see what's going on. We can still have separate threads for each tournament as usual, but also maintain a news/announcements-only thread geared toward people who are interested in signing up.

I think we might want separate threads for Vassal tournaments (community forum) and iOS tournaments (iOS forum), so people can follow the news for their desired platform. Also it would be important to post announcements only, and keep discussion, etc in other threads so people don't get a bunch of irrelevant posts in their updates.

What do y'all think about this?
    I <3 SERA

I like this idea. It will also help me fill up my tournaments! Will there be a thread moderator that will update a list in the first post? Or would you just have to scroll through for them all? If there's not many going on at a time, I don't think we need an updated list. Know what I mean?
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

I hadn't thought about keeping a list in the first post. That's a nice idea. The most important thing, I think, would be for each new/upcoming tournament to get its own post, so that thread subscribers would get a notification about it.

You seem to be the tournament guru around here (especially as shown in your sig), so maybe you would be a good person to be in charge of the first post, for future editing. Then anyone would be welcome to post in that thread, as long as it's an announcement about a tournament. Or, it wouldn't be hard for people to just skip to the end for the most recent stuff and work backwards as needed. We're all used to doing that on forums anyway.
    I <3 SERA