Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Boardgame are you Currently Playing?

Hello,

I recently picked up Elder Sign (and Unseen Forces expansion) and am really enjoying it. A night light dice game in with good Arkham Horror Flavor, but much less overhead.

Playing lots of Ticket to Ride (Family favorite).

Also played Hegemonic for the first time over the weekend.

But really just eager to play more Mice and Mystics.

KAM

I was thinking of getting Elder Sign, but have ordered the new Eldritch Horror instead. We'll see how it goes.

Lately, I've been playing Castle Panic, Castle Panic, and more Castle Panic. I introduced it to my five-year-old boy with the Wizard's Tower exp (I had only played it before with my then 8-year-old daughter) but my son LOVES it, more than any game we've ever played. I think it's a combination of the fantasy chars and us working together against the game, which is new to him. Though I need to do a lot for him due to text, he grasps lots of it and can't get enough. First day we played it 3 times, and when I couldn't do another, he began to cry.

Potential gamer material! (Not that I've cried when I can't play SW... honest... *sniff*). Anyway, he loves it so much that he has tried to play it by himself (two-handed, no less!) when I'm not around. Super cute and I'm floored by his sudden overwhelming interest.

The week of Christmas usually sees lots of game time (I bring about 20 games) but this year I won't hold my breath. The other gaming family member won't be around, and sadly, the rest of my family seems to have fallen under the "iPad spell" resulting in people staring at screens in the evening more than talking and interacting. Rather depressing.
    Only send a friendly invite (JYoder77) if you don't play PE, TO, GD, BD, no Rallul units outside of Rallul, and no Etch or Rune Mages (even in Rallul).
    My Custom Faction Creator tool. Contains demo images to show what you can create.
    Why Sunderved cries himself to sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by JYoder View Post
    I was thinking of getting Elder Sign, but have ordered the new Eldritch Horror instead. We'll see how it goes.
    I've heard good things about Eldritch Horror, and I'd like to play that too. I'd guess that can be a "replacement" for Arkham Horror, but I doubt Elder Sign will be, because it is just a dice game, but I really enjoy it because I can play a bunch of games in a short amount of time.
    If you have Steam or a Tablet (Android or iOS) you can get Elder Sign there as well.

KAM

Last Wednesday we got in a couple of games of What The Food?! which I just got from the kickstarter, a round of Cosmic Encounter - teaching it to two people who hadn't played before, and ended with a third of a game of Promised Land: 1250-587 BC (Again, just got from kickstarter). We called that when we realised that we were a third into it, we'd just ordered the food, and someone had to go in 45 minutes, but it really didn't feel like it had taken that long at all, so chaulk it up as a learning game for the four of us (Especially since we were playing at least two rules wrong...)

Hello,

Planning on having a heavy week of gaming over the Holiday.

Tonight is Marvel Legendary (getting to the expansions finally), and Maybe a game of Arkham Horror (or at least setting up for a game soon).

Going to try to get family to play more Ticket to Ride, and Elder Sign.

We've got lots of new Summoner Wars waiting to be played as well, and multiple Mice and Mystics campaigns to finish (different groups). I've got Dungeon Run that I want to share with a gaming friend as well.

But that's what is currently hitting the table.

KAM

Dominion and Cards Against Humanity personally, but what I'd recommend depends on the people playing.

Played some Mice & Mystics, Last Night on Earth, SW, and Pathfinder. Hoping to test out a friends' pen & paper zombie rpg in the next couple months.

Played some King of Tokyo for the first time. Totally rocked the house. Good time had by all. By the time I left there were two separate and fully formed plots to acquire it in the same house. Tried to play Revolver 2, but that one fell flat. The rulebook. I swear, the rulebook. Don't try to read as you play, you will yourself a doofus make.

I was hoping to play Seven Card Slugfest and Disc Duelers tonight, but my Battlecon Kickstarter package is looking like it will be the last one shipped. Edit: (It came in today, by surprise, but without Seven Card, and they just wanted to play Mice anyway, which was fun).

However, if it is just four of us, we were probably going to finish our Mice campaign, anyway, so yay! Maybe I can convince them to do a marathon session and plow through the expansion, too, which I have yet to finish with anyone.

What are you folk playing last for 2013?
    Last edited by Adam; 01-01-2014 at 04:02 AM.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

I take turns playing "Mice and Mystics" and "Descent:Journeys in the Dark 2nd ed"
    They are the first hardcore board games I have ever bought.
    Didn't grow up playing anything besides the occasional game of Uno, Chess, Checkers or Domino

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast