Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CoR Strategy Guide

MB is an anomaly, much like Garius's semifamous ability. In fact, just like the ability, i follow a set of guidelines for it. Use the reknown part whenever you can. Use the money part against absent players and against heavily fortified players. But like his ability, this is just general. You need to decide whether that reknown of whether that money is worth it ON THE SPOT!! And to answer your question, Sempento roden can buy either of those in the first round via a move, develop, sell, buy set of actions, OR possibly even just a buy, since your 4 starting credits with his ability makes for 6.
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

Now, for the last faction and the conclusion of my strategy for factions, is green. Afterwards, I will move into gang members and black market cards.

Green!
    Post 4: Jara

Overall strategy:
    Green is so very intruiging. They love money and stealing it from other people. The rogues of CoR and Gatorum. I oftened asked myself these two questions: How do you get all this money without dying, for surely getting it all leaves you open to red/yellow attacks and blue raids? -and- Once you get the money, what do you do with it? Its impossible to get enough money to buy enough renown to even compete with huge yellow armies, steamrolling red armies, or blue financial empires, what do you spend the money on? The first question is easy to answer, just required some serious thinking and experience. The second is much harder, and the answer is a key to playing green. You get all the money by first doing a rather aggresive push for wherever you want to set up shop. If that's the defensive build, do it to the first blue row with lost of space on the sides. If that's a lurker build, go to inner blue and outer green, with a very narrow strip leading to the spawn. If its the get the green build, make sure you secure the green AND a route to the spawn point. Then, as you secure renown, start bidding on lentree/nei'su units and buying war drones, advanced weapons, and anything finnacially helpful. From there on, generate a lot of money with developments, lentree/nei'su money makers and saving up. Finally, start buying iggaret/offensive tools with about a quarter of your cash. Then save the rest. Now you have a lot of money, and now is where the game takes a crucial turn. with that money, think of what you personally should do given the games situation, whatever that may be. Make that 25% of what you do next. The other 75% should be a mix of strategies from yellow (massing), red (elitist armies), and blue (industry) that corresponds best with your personal style and the counter for whatever strategy the leading player is using. This is hard to explain, so ill give an example in the following post.

Units/Events
    Jara - Using Jara properly can make or break you in the early game. You must know when to use his ability for the 3 ARCS and card, or when to use him with bodygurds to fend off red rushes. If there's a red player who's been harassing a blue player, or who seems to be gunning for you if there is no blue player, hold on to Jara for a second. Better lose a bit of opportunity and a good BM/GM card then have red putting you into a deep hole with a rush. Otherwise, use his ability at every opportunity. 3 ARCs and a card are invaluable at any stage, mostly due to the very finnicky nature of CoR. Sometimes, one card or ARC can save you the game, win you the game - or put you down hard. Jara is much like Sempento, where he's a pretty easy late game choice with his ability, but his combat skills may be needed for an early rush.

Mercenary - One of the most intruiging units in the game - they can do no damage at all, or give you 6. Using mercs properly is hard given how luck based they are, but a general rule of thumb is: don't rely on just mercs in any given fight, provide a solid base. My favored tactic with these guys is putting an Ex-soldier and an Iggaret fighter (the ones who get team bonus) with all 3 of them.

Bodyguard - These guys undergo an amazing transformation in that turnimg point i talked about. In the early game, they form an invauable powerhouse guard that defends you from the relentless rushes of red and later pushes by red and yellow. After the point, they become near useless cards, rarely played in favor of more powerful units. I generally only play them when I have room and i feel im gonna need a sacrificable minion after the combat.

Steal - Drop it out of the game the moment you can. Those ARCs are always worth the renown. Nothing more to say.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).

Here's an example in a 4 player game i had played a few nights ago.
    A blue player has forged an empire that encompasses all of the green spaces. Yellow and red are close to each other, but only are fighting lightly, as most of their resources are going into fighting blue. Yellow also is raiding me once every other round to keep me (green) off my toes. I'm behind due to a perfectly executed red rush on me. I've saved up a lot of money, so now what do i do? I go for an aggresive deck that incorporates mass and elitist in small quantities. This will help me defend superior red and yellow armies, while harassing blue empires. I build high renown and easibly defenable developments to help pull ahead. It all depends on planning, playing green means making it up as you go.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

Awesome info as always man..!
    I especially liked the Trigger Happy Man's Money Eating Hole of Automatic Losing on my thread. That's freakin' priceless!

Keep up the good work and Fight the Yugai people..!

My friend was pretty much high off of chocolate chip cookies and coke that day. It (that name) actually has some merit to it, given how it seems that if your too aggresive and overextend with Garius, trigger happy, you can't get money and come in deadd last every time. I should know, I it keeps happening to me whenever i get mad at a player for winning so many CoR games and bum rush them.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

actually it is still possible to make new factions. It would either require adding new gang cards for each faction with reds cards added being more MB cards for the new factions. This could be balanced by adding a few card deckbuilding option to keep everything at ten initial cards.

I just started to play this game and have two games in the back., but played with experienced group i got Blue one game and yellow the other. I won both games doing the same thing, mass economy avoid fighting, i feel the other players just suiciding fighting, specially the red player. iīm very interested to play red next game.
    Ive been thikning of a strat for red in 4 players game and can think of anything that isnīt suicide.
    I see here that the plan of red is fighting early on, but it seems that is suicide, ive seen that tried and it seems wrong, early on the red player gets out of the game because in the meantime other players are just outecon him so badly that there isnīt much red can do, specially getting early influence is really good.

I plan to request playing red the next game and I want to develop a coherenet plan, because it seems playing red is way way way harder than the other 3 colors which have nice economy engine (it seems right now the tier of power is Blue>Yello=Green>red)
    But it seems to me that the right plan is to first get some building eco going. Otherwise is just to easy to fall behind.
    You thik iīm wrong and building some early developement to get money is a mistake?
    Last edited by Waterd; 10-09-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12