Thread: A Study in Grey

Default A Study in Grey

So, I had an idea today. Over the next several months, I'm going to try to study individual Mercenaries (both common and champ) to see particular factions they fit nicely into/against, and post my musings here. I can't promise this'll take a short amount of time, because I don't get to play Summoner Wars as often as I'd like, but I'll try to put at least some thoughts up every week. If you have any particular thoughts, please post them here or PM me, and when I post about that unit, I'll add what I see. Next Post: Vermin, I suppose.
    BronyHeresy lost as Leah Goodwin the Bold in "CORT XV: The Great Marsh" to the brutal trickery of the Demagogue.
    ---
    "I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that." - 2 Corinthians 11:1

Also go check me out on DeviantArt @ bronyheresy.deviantart.com

Check out my Homebrew over in the Summoner Wars Customs and Dungeon Run Customs, and comment please!

This is a really cool idea. Can't wait to see the results!

I'd like to place an order for Beefy mercs and RMs in FL. And everywhere else.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

I wrote a short guide on the mercs a couple years ago here. Doesn't have many recent mercs but it may help you pick out. I actually love using mercs and have tried to use as many in my various. I don't them all but I use most. Vermin are super versatile though, you should have no problems making a good deck.

Hopefully thenightsshadow sees this, he's got some pretty cool ideas for decks with Mercs where you wouldn't expect them. But then again, all of tns' decks are out-of-the-box.
    Grisamentum was Rath in Rallul's Banquet
    Grisamentum is Ori the Bounder in The Great Marsh

I saw it. I'm still unpacking from getting off the plane but I'll be on in a bit.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.