Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call for New PlaidHatGames.com Bloggers

Post Call for New PlaidHatGames.com Bloggers

Hi all,

Bryan and I are looking for some help in posting news to PlaidHatGames.com, and Colby has given me the go ahead to hire a couple new writers.

Here are the requirements:
    • Write at least one article per week.
    • Write at least one feature article per month (ie session report, strategy article, interview, etc. The rest can be news links and other short posts).
    • Keep track of Plaid Hat Games and our games all over the internet, constantly on the lookout for news to post about and the like. Take the initiative in posting.
    • Come to the table with creative ideas for expanding the news section of our site with new kinds of articles, a new series, etc. Do something NEW. The goal is to expand our post volume and our scope.
    • Must have the ability to work with basic HTML via a WYSIWYG editor (creating links, inserting images, formatting text, etc). I am not teaching on the job.
    • Must communicate well and stay in contact with me and respond to e-mails.
    • Must love Plaid Hat Games games and be willing to write positively about them and to promote them.
    • Must have a solid track record of writing about PHG stuff.
    • Must be able to write well with good spelling and grammar.

The compensation is a free copy of every PHG game/deck release (as long as you're a writer), although if you're a playtester or Plaid Hat Corp member you won't get an additional copy of releases. However this shouldn't be about compensation. It should be because you like to write and you love PHG. If it's not then it's not worth your time.

If you're interested, send the following to me at [email protected] with 'PHG WRITER' in the subject line (do NOT send me a forum private message and do NOT post the info as a reply to this message):
    • Your name and forum handle.
    • Why you want to be a writer, why you're qualified, and why you're sure you can commit to sticking to the job more than just a couple months.
    • Links to some solid PHG feature writing you've done in the past. Good forum posts that you started are ideal, but other blogs/BGG can work if it's good writing.
    • At least two creative ideas for what you would do as a blogger that could be different and new and fun.

By e-mailing me this info, you are applying. Do not get upset if you're not chosen, I can think of at least 12 people on these forums who are qualified, but these positions are very limited. If you don't get chosen it's not because we don't like you; we do value your contributions in the forum and elsewhere. There is not much glory in this job, little to no inside info, and if your post is not of the "preview" variety you're not going to have 20+ comments to soak in most of the time. Don't get excited about being in communication with Colby; as Alex mentioned on the podcast, Colby's e-mails average 1.5 words. Plus you'll be e-mailing with me for the most part. If you write well and love PHG send me the info via e-mail. There is no timetable on this so don't rush me.

Join me in making PlaidHatGames.com an even better place to hang out!
    Joe
    Last edited by joepinion; 02-21-2013 at 08:37 AM.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quite tempted to send the e-mail. However, 'where would I find the time' is the question I have to ask myself.
    Killer Lawnmower was Yoyu the XXVII in Keep of the Necronomicon.
    Killer Lawnmower was Scam in The Admiral's an Idiot.
    Killer Lawnmower Storytold in Operation GoldenEye.
    Killer Lawnmower was Ambrose "Wildshot" Kent of Quimby in The Hall of Statues.
    Killer Lawnmower was Khexhu in Rallul's Banquet.
    Killer Lawnmower was Cadet Nathanial in The Great Marsh.
    Killer Lawnmower was Tacullu in The Twelve Masks of the Summoner.

CoRT: 6-9 (+Storyteller x1)

If it wasn't every week I would definitely send an e-mail, but I can only guarantee a post every month, and that instantly disqualifies me. Good luck to those that can apply, though.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

I'd like flbrgaas hte smmoner...crap. Well there goes my chances.

My email has been sent in!
    "BRA GABRAHAHAGABA"
    "(ME MUGGLUG!)"
    "And I'm Maldaria... in The Twelve Masks of The Summoner"

"Now remember... Don't spam Rune Mages and never use Rallul."
    GLISA OFFICIAL RECORD: 4th Place
    2-3 (751 Summoner Strength Points)

That sounds like it would be fun but I fit almost none of those requirements. I was hoping TNS would be up for the Job. A poetic strategy guide was just what I was looking for.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

TIL joepinion and I share first AND middle names.

Not sure about a couple of those points... but what the heck, I'll apply anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU! View Post
    That sounds like it would be fun but I fit almost none of those requirements. I was hoping TNS would be up for the Job. A poetic strategy guide was just what I was looking for.
    I guess I could do a poem a week.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissimus View Post
    TIL joepinion and I share first AND middle names.
    Nice. 10char
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast