Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GLISA 2013: REVENGE At The Bell!

Default GLISA 2013: REVENGE At The Bell!

GLISA 2013: Revenge At The Bell!

Where: Bell's Comics and Cards
    Address: 25 Pine Grove Sq, Grove City, PA 16127-4447
    Phone: (724) 458-4081

When: Saturday, June 1st. Registration starts at 1:45 PM. If we are almost filled up and you're not there, by 1:55 PM, you could be in danger of losing your spot. Official Tournament play begins promptly at 2:00 PM.

Registration: Pre-register here by commenting in the thread, so I know if you're coming. I got room for 20-30 people, and I'll be a little shocked if we go over that, but just in case, RSVP here. There will also be a $5.00 entry fee for this tournament (this is an attempt to get a good prize system going for GLISA).

Tournament Format:

Pick Your Poison:

• Each Player must bring 2 separate Faction Decks, all Custom Deck Building Rules found in the Rulebook must be followed.
    • A list containing all units in each of your decks must be submitted before the First Round of the tournament.
    • At the start of each Round, each player will show what two Factions they have brought. Their opponent then writes down one of the two Factions on a slip of paper, they then reveal the slips to each other, and whichever Faction appears on the slip is the one that the player plays with that round.
    • The First Round match ups will be determined randomly.
    • Every Roundís match ups will then be determined by similar records and then, if necessary, closest Summoner Strength Points values earned in this tournament.
    • Each player receives 25 minutes time limit on a Chess Clock/app.
    • The winner of the tournament is determined in the same manner that Ranking for GLISA is determined.

Prizes:

• 1st Place Prize: 50% of the Entry Fees; First Pick at the Prize Table; A Winner's Certificate; and best of all: Bragging Rights!
    • 2nd Place Prize: 25% of the Entry Fees; Second Pick at the Prize Table; and a Runner-Up Certificate
    • For everyone else, there will be an optional prize table. Anyone who brings a prize will leave with one also. As before something in the range of $10 is good.

How Can You Help?: Premium Boards and Chess Clocks/apps are always needed, so definitely bring one if you have one. Also tell your friends, parents, estranged cousins, and even pets (so long as they know how to play and don't chew or drool)!

Other Notes: Yes, I know that the prize money won't add up to the total of the entry fees, 25% of each of the GLISA Tournaments' entry fees will be pulled together for the Grand Prize that will be awarded in August to the winners of the Finals.

Confirmed Attendees:
    1. Jebuh214
    2. Jebuh214's Friend

Unconfirmed Attendees (Maybes):

Summon On!
    -Jebuh214
    Last edited by Jebuh214; 05-09-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    "BRA GABRAHAHAGABA"
    "(ME MUGGLUG!)"
    "And I'm Maldaria... in The Twelve Masks of The Summoner"

"Now remember... Don't spam Rune Mages and never use Rallul."
    GLISA OFFICIAL RECORD: 4th Place
    2-3 (751 Summoner Strength Points)

Mark me down for a maybe.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

I'm also a maybe, though its probably closer to no. That's better than I thought though, since I didn't anticipate playing any tourneys until after April 17...
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I'm a maybe at this point. March can get very busy so I can't commit yet, but I'll keep you updated. I'm hoping I'll be free. (make sure you message the guys over at boardgamegeek, they posted in my battle report)

Go ahead and count me in. And if anybody can get up to Ashland (right off 71) I'm happy to carpool (I'll drive the rest of the way, no cost to you).
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Unfortunately a baby shower on the 9th for my wife is gonna knok out any chance I had. Alas, no Sera for me this time, which is a pity as PYP is a cool format for her, since I can avoid some tough matchups. Ahh well - have fun guys
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Unfortunately a baby shower on the 9th for my wife is gonna knok out any chance I had. Alas, no Sera for me this time, which is a pity as PYP is a cool format for her, since I can avoid some tough matchups. Ahh well - have fun guys
    Tell those women that SW is more important!
    2012: ORIGINAL 2013: SUMMER FALL
    2014: WINTER SPRING SUMMER FALL
    2015: WINTER SPRING SUMMER

Official Dallas Time (ODT): The newer new time standard of Summoner Wars... aka Central

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    Go ahead and count me in. And if anybody can get up to Ashland (right off 71) I'm happy to carpool (I'll drive the rest of the way, no cost to you).
    Oh! That's only 3 hours from Cinci....that might be the best option for me....
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Okay, just got the okay from the wife. I will be there. Although I will say we need to get some more people. I don't think I want to make the trek out there if there will only be 3 of us, lol.

Also, is there any way we can start this earlier? I'd like to have at least SOME of the day being free, instead of losing it entirely. It seemed like we tried to get it earlier simply because killercactus might be able to make it if it was later, but it seems like he can't come. I'd love to be starting this tournament at 12 at the latest.
    Last edited by gamjuven; 02-27-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
    Okay, just got the okay from the wife. I will be there. Although I will say we need to get some more people. I don't think I want to make the trek out there if there will only be 3 of us, lol.

Also, is there any way we can start this earlier? I'd like to have at least SOME of the day being free, instead of losing it entirely. It seemed like we tried to get it earlier simply because killercactus might be able to make it if it was later, but it seems like he can't come. I'd love to be starting this tournament at 12 at the latest.
    I can't get there until about 1:30 at the earliest... My saturday schedule never really permits me to do anything prior to noon, which is when I head down. So unfortunately I can't do any earlier than like 1:45...
    "BRA GABRAHAHAGABA"
    "(ME MUGGLUG!)"
    "And I'm Maldaria... in The Twelve Masks of The Summoner"

"Now remember... Don't spam Rune Mages and never use Rallul."
    GLISA OFFICIAL RECORD: 4th Place
    2-3 (751 Summoner Strength Points)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast