Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Summoner Wars Puzzles

Quote Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
    Heh - it's got me stumped. I can figure out how to attack Tundle, I just can't figure out how to kill him.
    Same here. I really like these puzzles but I'm apparently not very good at them. Some easier ones mixed in with the harder ones sounds like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
    Heh - it's got me stumped. I can figure out how to attack Tundle, I just can't figure out how to kill him.

More to the point, the puzzle really drew me in. I'm a regular iOS player, but an infrequent poster here and I love the challenge of thinking about things in different ways.
    Good to see you Aldin!

Glad that the front page post helped pull someone in.

From now on, I'm focusing on putting out an easy-medium difficulty puzzle on the front page focusing on real strategy situations players are likely to run into, while harder puzzles will be focused more on these sorts of very tough scenarios and the solutions focus more on utilizing abilities and combinations that have some application to gameplay, but rarely directly. (These are also the sort of puzzles which will ask you to choose your hand, the others will never do that.)

Hard ones will be posted in this thread. Easier ones will go on the main page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

Quote Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
    Good to see you Aldin!

Glad that the front page post helped pull someone in.

From now on, I'm focusing on putting out an easy-medium difficulty puzzle on the front page focusing on real strategy situations players are likely to run into, while harder puzzles will be focused more on these sorts of very tough scenarios and the solutions focus more on utilizing abilities and combinations that have some application to gameplay, but rarely directly. (These are also the sort of puzzles which will ask you to choose your hand, the others will never do that.)

Hard ones will be posted in this thread. Easier ones will go on the main page.
    Haven't read through this whole thread, but I think easier/medium puzzles on the front page makes sense. I really enjoy the "choose your own cards" puzzles, as it does make you think through and learn about Summoner Wars cards/strategy. Yeah it's not strictly a real life SW scenario but it still makes you think through how the game works a LOT.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

I was just thinking of how the "choose what is in your hand" puzzles can be used in SW, and I think that they are great for thinking about what the opponent can do. Your opponent is filth and has 6 cards. You can see what is in the discards so you know what isn't in his hand. Since he has 6 cards (and hasn't summoned the seer or Magos) you know at least one is a mutation. Obviously you want to prevent your summoner from dying. Finding any way in which he could be killed so that you can block it for your next turn is really a challenge, and I think these puzzles help with that.
    Relax and enjoy your shoes.

I LIKE TAU! is Oldin the Boring in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    Im with I like tau on this one!

The Filth hurt my brain when I play against them.

With the reinforcements out, they are a very hard faction to predict. I expect them win some tournaments in the right hands.
    The Fallen Kingdom is Rising...

Solution to Puzzle 8

The 6 cards in hand that you need to select involves Incantor Mutant, Stoneflesh Mutant, Void Mutant, and 3 Cultists. (2 could be Zealots, you just need a 0 cost FL common)

Summon the Void Mutant on the Tentacle Mutant. Take the Tentacle Mutant in hand, and the wound transfers to the Void Mutant, killing it, putting 2 cards in your magic pile.
    Summon the Tentacle Mutant onto the Absorbtion Mutant. Take the Absorbtion Mutant in hand, and the wounds transfer to the Tentacle Mutant, killing it, putting 2 more cards in your magic pile, for a total of 4.
    Summon a Cultist for 0 magic at C4. (The space above the most forward wall). Summon the Stoneflesh Mutant on that Culstist for 2 magic.
    Summon a Cultist for 0 magic at C5.
    Summon the Absorbtion Mutant at C4 , taking the Stoneflesh Mutant back in hand.
    Summon the Stoneflesh Mutant on the Cultist at C5, paying 2 magic.
    Summon a Cultist for 0 magic at C6.
    Summon the Incantor Mutant at C5, taking the Stoneflesh Mutant back in hand.

Move the Cultist at C6 to C8.
    Move the Incantor Mutant at C5 to C7.

Attack Tundle with the Cultist with 3 dice (Due to the Incantor Mutant's Incite Brethren)

Puzzle 9 will be posted on the main page shortly.
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.

According to the the Mutation rule card i dont think you can summon the tentacle mutant on the absorbtion mutant because the tentacle mutant has a summon cost less than the absorbtion mutant

Sure you can. The mutation card is just saying that the cost is 0, not -1.

I LIKE TAU! was Blur the Scholar in The Great Marsh. Life. Don't talk to me about life.

Check out VASSAL, the free online SW program! We are always looking for more players, so learn how to use it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Filth4ever View Post
    According to the the Mutation rule card i dont think you can summon the tentacle mutant on the absorbtion mutant because the tentacle mutant has a summon cost less than the absorbtion mutant
    Tau has it correct.

The card is stating simply that you can't gain magic by mutation swapping, that it can only ever cost magic or be magic neutral (0 cost). You can still swap mutations, such as placing the Void on the Absorption, you pay 0 to do so, instead of -1. The card doesn't intend to mean that you cannot summon a mutant on another mutant if it would cause a negative cost.

Ranior, what's the hold up? No puzzles for over 3 weeks. I miss them.

Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast