Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: City of Remnants Question

Answer to Question 1 : The reason for the three player board is so each player starts an equal distance from each other. You cannot occupy, develop or have and YCU token hit on the black and yellow spaces.
    Answer to Question 2: You can reshuffle black market, gang member, and YCU decks if there decks run out. Remember though you cannot reshuffle any cards that were removed from the game, only ones in the discard pile.
    Answer to Question 3: Yes when discarding the card/development specify which card you are reducing in cost, you can use multiple cards to reduce the cost of a single card or development. In the case of Sempento the card that you draw may also be used to reduce cost as long as it can and it was on the card/development that you specified earlier.
    Answer to Question 4: You can place the development in both, as long as the development is able to be placed it both colors they do not need to be the same.

I hope I was able to answer all of your questions, please let me know if you guys need anything else. Just post your questions here on the forums or email me at [email protected]

Thank you guys so much for purchasing the game. I hope you all enjoy it!

Thanks for the clarification Isaac. I've got two plays in thus far and both were lots of fun. I'm loving this game. I was curious though about victory ties. I realize its very unlikely that two players would end up tying in renown and ARCs but one of my two games was pretty close to just that (I ended up with a few ARCs more). How do you resolve a tie when both player's renown and ARCs are tied? We've decided if that ever happens we'd just roll a die.

Champrjk, if you are tied in both renown and ARCs then Plaid Hat Games wins. Please send us our certificate. We earned it if your games are coming out that closely balanced.

Seriously though, we only have the one level of tie break. If you are still tied rolling a die probably isn't very satisfactory. I would just call it a straight up tie at that point. That may not be satisfactory to some, but I'd think more satisfactory than someone declaring themselves victor because of a single die roll at the end of the game.

Seriously Truth, you and all the plaid hat crew have done a superb job of inventing games that are original, well balanced, thematic, and extremely fun to play.Tying is a bit more gratifying than having it all come down to a die roll. I shall take your advice and do so. Thanks.

Second that. 2 more Q's here. The rulebook states that if you bid on a gang member and no one else chooses to bid on that gang member, you get that gang member for free. The technician's ability allows you to choose one player during a bid, and that player can no longer bid on it. If 2 players are bidding on a gang member, and one of them playes the technician in order to get rid of the other player, will he get that gang member for free? I am guessing that you have to pay, since the text says if no one bids on the gang member you get it for free. If someone bids on it and is knocked out by tech power, he still bidded on it. But who knows. If the tech guy can get you a free gang member, that would be awesome.

second question: Can you still obtain gang members if you have all 12 figures on the board and/or in your gang member pool?
    Marek is LOVE. Marek is LIFE.

3 rules of SW:

1. Marek is perfect.

2. Marek is the best Summoner ever.

3. Marek will troll the everliving crap out of you.

"If you can't blow them away with your brilliance, baffle them with your bullshit." -Marek (probably).
    Member of the unofficial PHG debate team. (Officially endorsed by Marek.)

I second the congratulation on a game well made Isaac and Colby. PHG is going on 4 out 4 for great games.

During a move action, I know you can't end on a space with two of your own figures but can you pass by a space with two figures? My guess is yes.

When you sell product tokens, can you only sell as much as your total influence? Does your influence count towards how much you can produce?

My game is on its way to Saskatoon, I wish it would get here sooner.
    Last edited by freezinpee; 01-30-2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Additional questions

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Second that. 2 more Q's here. The rulebook states that if you bid on a gang member and no one else chooses to bid on that gang member, you get that gang member for free. The technician's ability allows you to choose one player during a bid, and that player can no longer bid on it. If 2 players are bidding on a gang member, and one of them playes the technician in order to get rid of the other player, will he get that gang member for free? I am guessing that you have to pay, since the text says if no one bids on the gang member you get it for free. If someone bids on it and is knocked out by tech power, he still bidded on it. But who knows. If the tech guy can get you a free gang member, that would be awesome.

second question: Can you still obtain gang members if you have all 12 figures on the board and/or in your gang member pool?

Joseph if you have played your Technician when you have chosen to recruit a gang member during your recruit action in order to prevent a player from bidding against you and no one else bids you can get that gang member for free. If you do during another players turn you must first declare how many ARC's you are bidding in order to be considered bidding on a gang member and then play the Technician in order to prevent any player you choose from any further bidding. (ex: Ted has selected to take a Recruit action and selects to recruit the face up Trader gang member, thus making the starting bid of 0 ARCs (this is always the starting bid). Mark makes a bid against him for 1 ARC and then uses the Technician ability Override to prevent Ted from making any future bids on this Trader. Since no other players have outbid Mark and Ted is no longer aloud to bid Mark receives the Trader for 1 ARC, places it into his hand, and moves his turn tracker up 1. If Mark would have not had enough ARC's to bid higher than Ted or not had any actions left he would have not been able to be a part of bidding on the Trader, thus he would not have been able to use the Technician's ability.)

The answer to your second question is no, you cannot obtain any more gang members if you have all of your available gang members on the board / gang member pool. Also I do hope you have 16 figures in each color, not 12 like you stated. If you do not please send an email to Colby ([email protected]) so he can send you the additional 4 figures that you were supposed to receive with the game.

Thanks for your questions Joseph, if anything was unclear please let me know. If you ever need anything else please feel free to post here on the forums or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for playing, I hope you are enjoying the game!

Quote Originally Posted by freezinpee View Post
    I second the congratulation on a game well made Isaac and Colby. PHG is going on 4 out 4 for great games.

During a move action, I know you can't end on a space with two of your own figures but can you pass by a space with two figures? My guess is yes.

When you sell product tokens, can you only sell as much as your total influence? Does your influence count towards how much you can produce?

My game is on its way to Saskatoon, I wish it would get here sooner.
    Hola Freezinpee!

Your initial thought is correct, you can move through any space that two of your figures are in, as long as you don't stop there. Just remember you can only do this with your figures, if you ever move into any space with an enemy unit you must stop movement with that figure immediately.

Product token production is not limited by influence, only the amount you are aloud to sell during a sell action is.

Thanks for your questions and if you ever need anything else please post here on the forums or send me an email at [email protected]

Hope you get your game soon. Let me know how you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by tortugatron View Post
    I see yugai and immediately think yu-gi-oh!

That might be what they will be referred as at my table.
    Playing with my wife last night all we could think was "Hey Yugai!!!" Hmmm guess that makes less sense if you can't hear me say it... Think Sloth from the Goonies...

1) To pay 12000 for an extra influence, does this trigger when you pay that amount for something (a huge bid or a bunch of renown) or do you just pay 12000 for the influence? If it is a passive reward like the other means of upping your influence, are you considered to buy the black market card at the same time as the extra renown for these purposes, or are they seperate transactions within one action?

2) If Yugai drop as a consequence of the die roll in the middle of an action phase, do they immediately battle players or does any player with a Yugai in his space wait till his turn and then fight at the end of his action (whether a move or not)?
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast