Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mice!

Default New Mice!

Hey folks. For most of you who don't know me, my name is Chad and I have been a very lucky fella to have been in the right time at the right place to be able to sculpt for Colby and Plaid Hat's wonderful creations. With Colby's permission I am going to post in progress pics of some new and upcoming figures for new M&M releases. Before anyone asks, I don't have any detail beyond the concept artwork that has been provided for me to work from. Anyway, here's the next mouse hero - Nere' the Wild Mystic!!

Nera - Shaman.jpg

This concept by John is fantastic and its going to be a lot of fun to work! And here is the beginning of the sculpt...

Nera WIP1.jpg

THere's another sculpt Im working on but Im not letting the cat out of the bag on it yet... what could it be??? Here's its beginning.

Glorm.jpg

Hope you guys enjoys seeing these come to life. I know I do. If you have any questions feel free.

Chad
    Last edited by Grungebob; 01-14-2013 at 10:00 AM.

OOH, i was thinking about making a custom mouse shaman, looks like there is no need to now! and my guess is that the second sculpt is a fairy or pixie of some sort.

EDIT: would the second sculpt's name happen to be glorm?
    Last edited by tristak; 01-12-2013 at 07:52 PM.

This is sneeky, posting mice and their cheesy goodness. Glad to see you on the forums, Chad.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

can't wait to see the sculpt, so exciting

I don't even know what Nera does, but I have a new favorite mouse.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

She looks awesome, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about this "Glorm."

Chad, I have a question for you: did you sculpt the original mice to have pants on? I can see that Nere' has fur texturing on her legs, but when I was painting the other mice I noticed that the fur texturing stops on their legs, and they appear to have cloth wrinkles at the knee. On Nez especially, there seems to be a waistband around his waist in addition to his apron ties. And on Filch it looks like there's a waistband bunching up around the top of his belt.

Great work on all the figures...it's amazing that you achieved the kind of detail that would make a person wonder about these things. And EVERYONE I've played with has been majorly creeped out by the bugs and spiders.

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

What a cool process
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Next small update!

I have filled out the torso and left some indentions that will be the paths for the belts. Hoping to have a ton done this weekend and post a bigger update Sunday or Monday. Thanks for all the awesome comments!

Nera WIP2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by breegull View Post
    She looks awesome, and I'm looking forward to hearing more about this "Glorm."

Chad, I have a question for you: did you sculpt the original mice to have pants on? I can see that Nere' has fur texturing on her legs, but when I was painting the other mice I noticed that the fur texturing stops on their legs, and they appear to have cloth wrinkles at the knee. On Nez especially, there seems to be a waistband around his waist in addition to his apron ties. And on Filch it looks like there's a waistband bunching up around the top of his belt.

Great work on all the figures...it's amazing that you achieved the kind of detail that would make a person wonder about these things. And EVERYONE I've played with has been majorly creeped out by the bugs and spiders.
    Hi Bree,

Glad your group is digging the figs. While I am certainly proud of the work I have done - I have been surprised by the incredible reception the figures have received. To answer your question, yes, the original mice had pants - I probably could/should have made the details of that fact a little more clear but those first 6 mice were some of my very first sculpts so I was unsure of what to expect from the casting process. More on "Glorm" to come!

Awesome mice, can't to see more.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast