Thread: Why no Ability cards in Solo play?

Default Why no Ability cards in Solo play?

What is the reasoning behind NOT using ability cards when playing Dungeon Run solos?

Aside from the fact that some of the ability cards wouldn't work without other players, I think it would make it too easy. Dungeon Run isn't really that great in solo mode anyway and I don't think anyone really plays it solo.
    Ask me about the Summoner Wars VASSAL group chat!

Honestly, play the game however you want. I house rule Dungeon Run like crazy to remedy the bad Reading to Relevance of What I've Read ratio the game tends to have.
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Aside from the fact that some of the ability cards wouldn't work without other players, I think it would make it too easy. Dungeon Run isn't really that great in solo mode anyway and I don't think anyone really plays it solo.
    I enjoy it but solo board games aren't my thing, I have been tempted to play it lately though.

I think the reasoning is that it will be too easy. I think making it more difficult to level (3 cards to advance) could work