Thread: Where to buy hexes

Default Where to buy hexes

I was wondering if anyone has some good ideas about where online to buy wooden or plastic hexes for a game I've been fiddling with. I've looked around a little, but haven't found anything that I'm really confident in. I need them to be uniform and pretty large and thick. Ideas?
    Last edited by tortugatron; 11-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.

if they could afford to be pretty small heroscape tiles would work great.

Look at Lost: The Boardgame. I think it comes with 75 hexes. I don't know if they'd be big enough to meet your requirements, but it's cheap (especially if you find it at a thrift store).

Games Workshop has a game (called Empires or something like that) with plastic hexes large enough for their Warhammer minis to fit in without any problem. I think they have different types for various terrain styles, but I may be wrong on this.

GW stuff is always expensive, but is usually pretty good quality.
    Marv / Finarvyn
    Recently discovered Mice & Mystics
    OD&D Player since 1975

Any from a craft store or such? Taking them from an existing game seems more spendy than getting blank, bland hexes. I'm going to paint them, glue on some paper, and then seal everything so plain is best.

Saw something in an old BGG thread that gave this link - not sure if this is what you need. Can't look at it since my work blocks it (but not PHG or BGG, funnily enough). Hexes are at the bottom of the page theoretically.

http://www.woodnshop.com/CRAFT_SQUAR...LS_CIRCLES.htm

I've looked at that site and thought that might work, but some have said they weren't uniform so I'm a bit weary. Depends how not uniform I guess.

try tiles from a hardware store yet ?

At the BoardGameGeek entry, there are some printable boards that you can use to play the game before you take the plunge in buying a commercially-made Hex board.