Thread: Dragon Realms

Default Dragon Realms

We finished the campaign last week, and my seven-year old daughter wanted to get right to work creating her own. I've still got to write up the first chapter, but we play-tested it tonight, and it was a lot of fun. Pretty close down to the last.

The basic idea is that Miz Maggie and the King were in the countryside, when a dragonlet swooped down and took the King off to its nest in the mountains. Miz Maggie went back to the castle and told Collin and the others. Maginos came up with a plan to build a hot air balloon out of parts they could find in the castle ruins. It would be up to Nez to do the assembly, of course.

She has plans for more chapters beyond this one. I'm not quite sure what we'll do for tiles; future chapters are probably taking place outside the castle. But I think that our Heroscape dragon mini will turn up in this campaign eventually.

Sounds great! My 4yo and I went through the Heroscape bin and picked out figures that fit with M&M earlier tonight. The Drow queen makes a great Venestra.
    I'm Wininoid on the Summoner Wars app and @wininoid on twitter.

Great idea! That Heroscape expansion is still boxed up; I'll have to pull the Drow queen out if we do another play through of the original campaign.

And it turns out my daughter had already figured out the tiles problem. The dragon has a castle, so future chapters happen in the dragon's flying castle. She doesn't think it makes sense for a flying castle to have an underground, so the mice will be limited to the upper levels of the castle.

You know, I'm fairly certain that you could find someone to design some tiles for you. Kinkos, or the like, would be able to print them on a heavy material OR you could print them on paper, cut out the image, and glue it onto foam core or cardboard. The only real problem is that "painting" the tiles takes time

Yes, I'm not a graphic designer by any means. Some other people on the board have talked about designing outside tiles, I'm hopeful that our selection of available tiles will grow.