Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: City of Remnants

Haha, I figured you understood what I meant.

I'm glad to hear that though. Some games it seems like the designer intends for it to have 3+ and then they slap together some 2-player variant that doesn't work, or the game mechanics just are no fun with 2 players.

If this works for 2, as well as 3 or 4, as I said I'm pumped. Particularly if it's great with 3, cause I really could use a great game for that. Good 3 players games are something I need more of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

Hey guys, there will be a preview article today with some tasty card images but it won't be until after work.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
    Good 3 players games are something I need more of.
    Here are my faves:

End of the Triumvirate: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/2...he-triumvirate
    This is a really good one, about 45-80 minutes when you get used to it, a great tug of war. I grabbed it on BGG Marketplace for $15.

Neuland: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12681/neuland
    This gives you a logistics headache but it's got very simple but genius mechanics. It's a euro-conversion-economics games but it's got shared space and some unique stuff going on, my favorite eurogame. (Download the revised rules users have uploaded, ZMan's english rules are seriously the worst of all time.) Has some cheap options on BGG Marketplace as well.

K2: http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/73761/k2
    More expensive but should've won the Kennerspiel, got robbed. Love this one.
    Last edited by joepinion; 11-12-2012 at 12:45 PM.
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Ascension, Mice and Mystics, and Alien Frontiers are good ones, as well.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Carcassonne, Tigris and Euphrates, and Domaine are all great with 3.

Edit: Star Trek fleet captains as soon as the Romulan Empire expansion comes out (you know, if you're a nerd like me that is)
    Last edited by tortugatron; 11-12-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post

EDIT: Or, using his actual words instead of just how the meme goes:

:dies of laughter:
    Did you know? Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by joepinion View Post
    This game looks so cool. I am really excited for it. I just love the look of the cards. I love the idea of the gameplay thus far and the stuff. I'm getting pumped for more.

As for the other three player game suggestions, thanks. I'll have to look into some of them. (Others I of course have heard of and even played, Carcassone has never ever done it for me, I find it to be ultra-boring, and Ascenscion is bleh for me, I'd much rather play Dominion or Thunderstone)
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranior View Post
    Good 3 players games are something I need more of.
    Smallworld and Smallworld:underground plays well with 3 people.

Quarriors and Pandemic also come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth View Post
    Just the truth.
    Is this like saying THE Ohio State University?

I can't wait for the next preview...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast