Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: City of Remnants

Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

This is still looking cool.

I'm not a huge fan of the luck aspect in beating the units, but I guess overall it's good and that's enough. I generally prefer lower luck, but I can't really make judgements without playing and seeing more. Still looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

I haven't played it yet either, so I am just gonna theorize up in this business:

It seems designed so that you shouldn't make a habit of going toe to toe with the overlord race, which makes sense thematically. You are not in a position to take on the Yugai yet and should plan to fight them only when necessary, paying them off or avoiding them outright when possible. I think the idea is that you are trying to take control of the city before making your move against them (assuming that is in your gang's interests at all, which does not seem to be the case for all of them). Any premature attack could bring your intentions to their notice before you are ready for it, and so battling patrols has a high risk element. You can avoid the luck element by bribing or avoiding them when possible. Making a strategy of attacking patrols often sounds unwise and unnecessary.

Initially I was going to try and attack them as much as possible and try a Good Guy approach, gaining my renown from facing the real enemy in battle, and I might still give it a swing if it looks practical once the game is in front of me, but this sounds possibly more interesting, actually, I think.

The patrol mechanic in general reminds me of the storm from Dune or the bombardment fleet from Rex: Final Days of an Empire (two versions of the same game, my personal favorite after only Cosmic Encounter , maybe), where it is this highly dangerous neutral force that you really ought to avoid. The option of fighting this force or bribing it makes it so much more interesting, though.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I haven't played it yet either, so I am just gonna theorize up in this business:

It seems designed so that you shouldn't make a habit of going toe to toe with the overlord race, which makes sense thematically. You are not in a position to take on the Yugai yet and should plan to fight them only when necessary, paying them off or avoiding them outright when possible. I think the idea is that you are trying to take control of the city before making your move against them (assuming that is in your gang's interests at all, which does not seem to be the case for all of them). Any premature attack could bring your intentions to their notice before you are ready for it, and so battling patrols has a high risk element. You can avoid the luck element by bribing or avoiding them when possible. Making a strategy of attacking patrols often sounds unwise and unnecessary.

Initially I was going to try and attack them as much as possible and try a Good Guy approach, gaining my renown from facing the real enemy in battle, and I might still give it a swing if it looks practical once the game is in front of me, but this sounds possibly more interesting, actually, I think.

The patrol mechanic in general reminds me of the storm from Dune or the bombardment fleet from Rex: Final Days of an Empire (two versions of the same game, my personal favorite after only Cosmic Encounter , maybe), where it is this highly dangerous neutral force that you really ought to avoid. The option of fighting this force or bribing it makes it so much more interesting, though.
    I've played 1 and 1/2 times, so keep that in mind, but I will bribe whenever I can afford to.
    Always the Mice Guy!

I'm liking the concept!
    I am invisible, let's keep it that way

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345