Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any translations planned?

Default Are there any translations planned?

I am really, really itching to play Mice & Mystics. The game looks totally awesome. Yet there is one thing for me to worry about: Having lived in the US for a while I'd consider my English to be fairly good and the sample chapter was an easy read. But I am not that sure my German gaming group will be as excited as I am about playing an story-driven game in a foreign language. So before running the risk of ending up as a solo player for this game, I'd like to know if there is a translation planned any time soon. Otherwise I will probably have to sit down and translate the stories on my own

There is a fan translation in progress over at BGG (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/...bersetzte-deut), so you might want to check that out, if you haven't already.

Thanks for the link. I found that project after posting here. That might help a lot in case I will actually have to translate the game. But still it would be overly cool (or 'ubercool') to have not only the storybook translated but also the cards. That just seems to give the game a more coherrent feel. So a translation will still be appreciated very much. Anyway, I will have a more in depth look at the translation project. Maybe I can be of some help (at least with the sample chapter for now).

I think you may get your wish, I do know some foreign publishers are interested.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Oh, that's great news. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Hi there!

Any news on that topic?

Looking nearly daily through the net for some information.

The game is really great, but we have some players in our gaming group who dont understand english very well.

Is there a german version in the near future?

Thx, Shaka

Hi!
    I'm an italian guy, there are a lots of italian interested to Mice & Mystic, but with language issue they don't buy it, this because, they know english but for a game like this( or Arkham horror) ambience well made in own language, i think.
    Any italian translation is planned?Some interested italian publishers?

Thank You, Marco

I fairly sure we will have French and German translations. An Italian translation is likely as well.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Hi

Depending on your target audience, there might or might not be a need to translate into Danish (most of us have good English abilities), but should you decide to do a translation, I'd be happy to help. I have about 6 years' experience as a freelance and employed translator in the gaming business

Just heard that Heidelberger recently anounced a German version due in October. Hurray!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast