Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When in doubt - Pack.

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

Default When in doubt - Pack.

A quick tip to get the strategy tab jiving.

When a mouse is captured, you remove all cheese and any searched items you have equipped that are not starting items.

If the threat of being captured is looming for you, it might be wise to swap some seemingly important items out so they are safe in your pack. When a mouse is captured, items in your pack are not taken away. Those rats or other minions may be smart enough to sidestep traps and wade through water unscathed, but they still haven't learned how to unveil what may be in a little mouses' pack.

Don't forget there is a 3 item limit to your pack aside from trick cards.

Happy adventuring!
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Also When in Doubt: strategize!

I've been playing the basic campaign with three other friends (two friends and my girlfriend, with players alternating in or out, or with me handling all the monsters, etc.), and I've found that LOTS of table talk and careful strategizing can get folks through at least the first three missions without too much muss and fuss.

Strategy is often the best strategy.
    Playdek ID: Adam Palma
    Your mom's a cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Roderic_Cliche View Post
    I've found that LOTS of table talk and careful strategizing can get folks through at least the first three missions without too much muss and fuss.
    I taught a bunch of newbies how to role play using the old Milton Bradley "HeroQuest" game with much the same philosophy.

When you get the group thinking "team" the whole game is a lot better. Our theory was that the entire team would win or lose together and that there were no individual winners, which encouraged players to sacrifice self in order to have the whole group win.

HeroQuest wasn't really advertised as a "cooperative" game, but M&M clearly is and so the designers had this philosophy in mind as well. Also, there is a learning curve with any game -- team mistakes that are made in mission #1 will hopefully be avoided by mission #2 or #3...
    Marv / Finarvyn
    Recently discovered Mice & Mystics
    OD&D Player since 1975

If you have enemies coming from 2 directions, charge the weaker group and try to kill them before the tougher threat can reach you. Or, huddle in a chokepoint so only one group can attack at a time.

Also, don't forget that "tile" means "the big board piece", not "the space on the big board piece that is drawn like an actual tile".
    I'm Wininoid on the Summoner Wars app and @wininoid on twitter.

Sharing items among your group:

Defense example: let nez wear tilda's breastplate during battles when he's #1 on the track because you know he'll be attacked alot more times than tilda.

Attack example: passing the accurate or long bow back and forth between lily and filch, or letting collin and nez share the mystic blade is a great way to utilize your most powerful weapons to their fullest.

Campaign example: when picking which items for your mice to keep with them, selecting ones that multiple mice can use really boosts the parties starting strength.
    Last edited by Ravenchild; 11-15-2012 at 11:40 AM.

Go for the personal achievements.
    The roachmaster one is usually easy to get, just have 1 person slaughter all the roaches when encountered. It moves up the End marker, which is a pretty big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Convoy_Avenger View Post
    Go for the personal achievements.
    The roachmaster one is usually easy to get, just have 1 person slaughter all the roaches when encountered. It moves up the End marker, which is a pretty big deal.
    Man, I'm an idiot. When I read the rules for some reason I read it as move the hourglass up one space. I couldn't figure out why people would try for these achievements.

I just looked at the rule book again and you are correct. This makes soooooooo much more sense.

Is table talk allowed during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrono View Post
    Is table talk allowed during the game?
    Yes but in character!
    Always the Mice Guy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast