View Poll Results: Forum Autolinking to Units: Helpful or Annoying?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helpful

30 88.24%
  • Annoying

4 11.76%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Autolinking to Units: Helpful or Annoying?

This sounds like a really cool/helpful thing. It can definitely save a lot of people a few clicks or point people to resources they didn't know where available.

For the duplicate cards like magic drain or reinforcements, could you default to one of the summoner's cards? Since all the magic drains are the same, could you just link all 'magic drain' instances to, say, Oldin's magic drain card?

And maybe this isn't possible, but to avoid the Talu/Re-Talus problem, could ' Talu ' be a linked keyword (that's Talu with a space on either side)? ' Talu ' is not contained in 'Ret-Talus'.

Heh, I'm the first to vote for annoying, I almost feel bad. That might change if the units' pages actually had the discussion about them though.

Oh, and I believe you missed Spongey from that list.

Does PE Greater Burn work? I like them, although they'd have been more useful before I memorized every existing card in the game system.

The other day I played a game of summoner wars with my girlfriend. Ever since she possessed my TO champion with her Phantom, the game belonged to her. Her strategy could use some work, but I think a few more games with me and her skills will be honed to exactly mesh with her play style.

Hmm. Interesting, Joe.

So is there a tag that links to Her?
    Last edited by Shockma Ranyk; 10-17-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Hey joe, I love it. Good work. I think most people have already got the basics down for what needs to be changed.

Out of curiosity, one thing I haven't figured out yet, but does Claw Mutant auto link? I don't know or remember the nicknames for them always, so I'd rather always have it linked as well if I type out the full name.

Only other thing...if you can change stuff like this, can someone please try to find the setting that allows users to change thread titles? This is sooooooo useful for things like running tournaments or other forum games. I know Heroscapers had that implemented, and would like it if that was implemented here.

Trying to think of other things to improve the system, but overall it seems great. I'm not a huge fan that it won't recognize plurals like Lioneers, or so you claim, but I suppose it will be easy enough to adjust to that in the long run.

By the way joe, no sure it's mentioned enough, but you're a great webmaster, thanks for all that you do for this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixio View Post
    As for Ranior, he's a little more difficult to deal with and can do some real damage.
    Tournament Record: 37-18

Quote Originally Posted by Shockma Ranyk View Post
    So is there a tag that links to Her?
    FL Her? Filth Her?

As Ranior said, excellent job on the site Joe!

Supremely helpful, in my opinion. I think it's a great show of welcome to those individuals who might not be as familiar with every card. It's nice to be able to follow a strategy discussion without constant google searches.

Wow, I'm really the party pooper here, lol. Carry on then

Mimic presently links to Tacullu's event but it can actually also refer to the mind witch's ability
    Olivier
    (olivier2703)

Also Dagger is too general it highlights even when it is talking about the M&M dagger.
    Uncleeurope was Hulgorad the Sad in RALLUL'S BANQUET
    Uncleeurope was The Seer who Drank too Much Beer in The Great Marsh
    Uncleeurope was Prince Elien the Felon in The 12 Masks of the Summoner
    Uncleeurope was Matt E. the Fatty in The Dance of Devils

In other news, CUSTOMS!
    Quote Originally Posted by I LIKE TAU!
    As for what I hate most: ... Uncleeurope.
    Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Sam Farthen is OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterd View Post
    He just rams in, his games last 5 turns...tops

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast