Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mice and Mystics Rules Questions?

Could a party use the tinker's tools from the helmet. Search the helmet again and get the tinker's tools back? I.e. is it possible to use the tinker's tools 4 times in the first room? Besides from just lucky draws?

Quote Originally Posted by youperguy View Post
    Could a party use the tinker's tools from the helmet. Search the helmet again and get the tinker's tools back? I.e. is it possible to use the tinker's tools 4 times in the first room? Besides from just lucky draws?
    Just read the storybook online again and it clearly states that special searches can only successfully happen once.

A couple more questions:

1. If the minion cheese wheel is at 5, and 2 cheese are earned simultaneously, does the extra cheese transfer to the next wheel, or get discarded?
    2. In the kitchen tile, can a mouse on the ground see the top of the special counter space? I ask because of the Dinner Fork catapulting rules and ranged attacks on the roaches eating cheese.
    3. Can a figure move from a special space (like the kitchen counter) to any space next to the special space (such as a minion jumping down from the counter)?
    4. When discarding a search card, do you only gain a cheese if it was just drawn, or can you save it, discard it later, and still gain a cheese?
    5. When using an explore action to go from an orange side to a blue side (or vice versa) and the reverse side doesn't match, has the mouse wasted it's explore action for the turn, or can it choose to use another action? Similarly, can you check the underside of a tile before choosing to explore?
    6. If a mouse is in water and they place the fishhook and thread, can they get out of water with just 1 movement point and ignore rules of getting out of water?
    7. When the roaches are moving to the grape, does the first roach get there eat it all? Or do all roaches move/battle first, then any that are eating the grape get discarded?
    8. Since the mice do not require line of sight to launch the grape, can the grape be launched "through walls" such as the black spaces in the tunnels? (and does the same go for rats throwing the grape?)
    9. If conducting a Special Setup, since no encounter card is drawn, does that mean no minions occur during a surge?
    10. Does a mouse always roll a die to move, even if they don't want to move that turn (in the event of the Dastardly Old Crow perhaps?)

I apologize if these are nit-picky questions, but I just want to make sure nothing unusual comes up in my game sessions that I am unprepared for.
    I am so anxious for this game to come...
    Last edited by lildrummahboi34; 10-18-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added questions
    GameCenter: Marimbist11

I can answer a few of them:

1. The extra cheese gets removed, along with all the cheese in the minion cheese wheel.
    4. It has to be just drawn. You can't save it and discard it later and still get a cheese.
    6. Using the Fishhook and Thread doesn't get to ignore all the rules of getting out of water. It's just that it treats the ends of the token as being adjacent and that you still lose all your movement when moving out of water. The thing that the Fishhook and Thread ignore is the necessity of a * on a die roll to leave from the water to land.
    9. That is correct, barring if there is a tile-specific surge in that tile.
    10. Yes.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by lildrummahboi34 View Post
    A couple more questions:

1. If the minion cheese wheel is at 5, and 2 cheese are earned simultaneously, does the extra cheese transfer to the next wheel, or get discarded?
    2. In the kitchen tile, can a mouse on the ground see the top of the special counter space? I ask because of the Dinner Fork catapulting rules and ranged attacks on the roaches eating cheese.
    3. Can a figure move from a special space (like the kitchen counter) to any space next to the special space (such as a minion jumping down from the counter)?
    4. When discarding a search card, do you only gain a cheese if it was just drawn, or can you save it, discard it later, and still gain a cheese?
    5. When using an explore action to go from an orange side to a blue side (or vice versa) and the reverse side doesn't match, has the mouse wasted it's explore action for the turn, or can it choose to use another action? Similarly, can you check the underside of a tile before choosing to explore?
    6. If a mouse is in water and they place the fishhook and thread, can they get out of water with just 1 movement point and ignore rules of getting out of water?
    7. When the roaches are moving to the grape, does the first roach get there eat it all? Or do all roaches move/battle first, then any that are eating the grape get discarded?
    8. Since the mice do not require line of sight to launch the grape, can the grape be launched "through walls" such as the black spaces in the tunnels? (and does the same go for rats throwing the grape?)
    9. If conducting a Special Setup, since no encounter card is drawn, does that mean no minions occur during a surge?
    10. Does a mouse always roll a die to move, even if they don't want to move that turn (in the event of the Dastardly Old Crow perhaps?)

I apologize if these are nit-picky questions, but I just want to make sure nothing unusual comes up in my game sessions that I am unprepared for.
    I am so anxious for this game to come...
    The knight shadow is right, here are my answers to the other questions:

2. Yes.
    3. Mice can never cross red lines, except with the fishhook and thread. Minions can cross red lines normally.
    5. You can't explore unless there is a matching tile. I don't see why you couldn't look if you wanted to.
    7. All the roaches that can reach the grape will go to it, eat it, and die.
    8. No.

Quote Originally Posted by youperguy View Post
    7. All the roaches that can reach the grape will go to it, eat it, and die.
    They don't actually die, they just get really full off of eating the grape, so no longer feel like battling, and wander off.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
    They don't actually die, they just get really full off of eating the grape, so no longer feel like battling, and wander off.
    This is why I am in love with this game.
    GameCenter: Marimbist11

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

When mice hold melee weapons in hands and tail, all included bonus count during an attack, correct? Or is it attack strength + one weapon bonus?
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Quote Originally Posted by BTBAM View Post
    When mice hold melee weapons in hands and tail, all included bonus count during an attack, correct? Or is it attack strength + one weapon bonus?
    You only add the bonus for the weapon being used to make the attack.
    Always the Mice Guy!

BTBAM is offline Loves the cheese. And vlogging! Geek Swagger extraordinaire. Record holder for most User titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
    You only add the bonus for the weapon being used to make the attack.
    So an attack can only be made with one weapon?
    A Doug's Guide To Summoner Wars - Fan Podcast

LATEST PODCASTS 01-17-2014
    Episode 16 - Phoenix Elves - Prince Elien Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp16.mp3
    Episode 17 - Phoenix Elves - Queen Maldaria Base Deck
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp17.mp3
    Episode 18 - Phoenix Elves - Reinforcements & Deck Building
    http://traffic.libsyn.com/adougsguide/ADGEp18.mp3
    Subscribe on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...rs/id595149788

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast