Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mice and Mystics Rules Questions?

Default Mice and Mystics Rules Questions?

While waiting for my copy of Mice and Mystics to arrive, I decided to re-read the rules and chapter 1. After doing so, I have a few questions that I was hoping to have answered:

1). When equipping/putting items in a pack, can you do a direct "switch", such as changing a sword? I ask because, what if a mouse's pack is full? Would one have to discard an item before un-equipping a weapon? The friendly nature of the game makes me believe a swap would be allowed.

2). When playing M&M as a campaign, and the game is usually played with four mice, what happens to the other two mice? can they ever be switched in for another chapter? And wouldn't they be at a disadvantage by not having as many ability cards?

3). Do mice/minions only gain cheese from rolls when attacking and defending, or can they gain cheese from any die roll (moving, searching, etc)?

4). Is it possible for 2 normal surges to occur on one tile? I ask because of the rules on resolving surges and discarding the encounter card.

5). When Searching, can an item be instantly equipped, in case the pack is full?

6). Do "Disguises" fool Elite Rat Warriors?

7). The Fishhook and Thread/Dinner Fork rules state that a mouse can use an action to remove the token from the board. Is this the same action point that is used to Scurry, Battle, Search, etc, or is it a separate, free action?

I am really looking forward to this game! Great job Jerry and PHG
    GameCenter: Marimbist11

I am no expert, but these are my answers.

1) Yes.
    2) Yes, all 6 mice will be used. In fact in 2 chapters, you use all 6 mice. It is probably best for the players to rotate the mice they use. The power curve is not great in this game. Having more abilities is nice, but since you can only use 1 a turn it shouldn't make that mice way more powerful than a staring mouse.
    3) You gain cheese from attacking, defending, special abilities see Colin's card for example, and if you throw back a piece fo equipment found in the search deck. The only rolls that give cheese are attack and defend.
    4) Yes, but the second surge only advances the hourglass marker. You do not get more minions.
    5) No, if the pack is full something will need to be discarded.
    6) Not sure. I think yes.
    7) No this is your action, not a free action. You do this instead of battle, search, scurry, recover, or one of your abilities that use an action.

I hope that helps.

Good answers Youperguy

On Q#2 each chapter has been tested with beginner mice to see if they can win. The last couple of chapters are tough, but can be beaten with just starting mice.

Disguises do not fool elite rat warriors. That is part of being elite. They are smarter than the average rat.
    Last edited by Grungebob; 09-29-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help. Can't wait!
    GameCenter: Marimbist11

My queston are

1) if filch has a bow in his paws and his dagger in his tail when he attacks an adjacent minion can he still use the daggers effect?

2) when a charmed mouse rolls cheese on attack or defense does that cheese go to the minion wheel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenchild View Post
    My queston are

1) if filch has a bow in his paws and his dagger in his tail when he attacks an adjacent minion can he still use the daggers effect?

2) when a charmed mouse rolls cheese on attack or defense does that cheese go to the minion wheel?
    Thanks for asking questions!

1- A: If Filch attacks an adjacent minion while equipped with a bow and a dagger, he chooses which weapon to attack with. I would choose the dagger for sure if the minion was lower on the initiative track.

2- A: When a mouse becomes charmed, they become a minion for that turn!!! Any cheese rolled goes on the minion wheel.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Thanks, i have one more though cuz the rules are not really clear.

Q) is it true that when you attack normally you add the boost from all melee weapons your mouse has equipped? Or do you just pick one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenchild View Post
    Thanks, i have one more though cuz the rules are not really clear.

Q) is it true that when you attack normally you add the boost from all melee weapons your mouse has equipped? Or do you just pick one?
    No it is not true. You can only attack with one weapon. Now you may get more than one bonus from items or even abilities, but you cannot attack with more than one weapon. Were you thinking that a mouse could attack with multiple weapons in a single attack?
    Always the Mice Guy!

What is the advantage of multiple weapon slots, i.e. Filch?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    What is the advantage of multiple weapon slots, i.e. Filch?

Thanks,

Jonathan
    there are abilities tat allow you to attack with multiple equipped weapons.
    Always the Mice Guy!

Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast