Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summoner Wars iOS In-Game Smack Talk and Post-Game Congrats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Summoner Wars iOS In-Game Smack Talk and Post-Game Congrats

No chat feature yet in SW iOS. Sounds like Playdek wants to implement it though, and do it well.

Until then, when playing against your fellow PHG forum posters (find their GameCenter IDs here), feel free to use this space to remark on the games.

------

I'll start... Airstone, Nice job taking Ret down with Scam... But FYI, it's kinda cruel to invite to a second game immediately, because I didn't even know I lost yet, lol! I got a "Airstone wants to play a game of Summoner Wars" message and thought, "Wait, we're already playing, I don't want two at once."... After seeing the demise of Ret at the hand of a mere Thief, I figured it out. Kinda reminds me of this comic:
    http://pbfcomics.com/219/
    Webmaster
    1 AV, 3 Life, 2 Summon Cost
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

Let me draw up this board so I can set up the context.

[_][_][_][_][_][_]
    [_][_][_][_][_][_]
    [_][_][_][_][_][_]
    [_][S][_][g][_][_]
    [_][_][_][B][G][_]
    [_][_][w][w][s][_]
    [_][_][o][_][_][_]
    [_][_][_][_][_][_]

o = Oldin (x2 Freeze)
    w = Wall (right one has 4 wounds)
    s = Spearman
    g = Gror

G = Grognack (5 wounds)
    B = Bragg (1 wound)
    S = Shaman (1 wound)

Airstone43 has all three Freezes used (one on Baldar earlier). 9 cards in Draw Pile, 8 cards in Magic Pile, and his turn.

I have 3 cards in hand, 10 cards in Draw Pile, and 2 cards in Magic Pile.
    An Engineer knocked out his Ice Wall, then starting Wall. I haven't seen any more of his Walls.

One Word: Ow.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Right now I have a Guild Dwarves mirror match going on with Einroy. We are head to head, and when I went into the app I had noticed that he played Thorkur and wacked up a few of my units. To his surprise however, I had Thorkur in my hand so I played him with a Heroic Feat to smash his summoner for 4 hits!

Dustin, I made so many stupid mistakes in that game with the Cloaks vs your GD, I'm ashamed. They just piles up. I will redeem myself.
    Webmaster
    Instead of posting with this Webmaster during your Posting Phase, you may add 1 post count to a member that is adjacent to this Webmaster. That unit may write up to to two posts, and if that unit is a Doug, add 1 to its Avatar Value for the remainder of the turn. POST cannot be used on another Webmaster.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

Joe, I forfeited our game because I accidentally ended my attack phase before attacking your 3 goblins, since I moved my lioness and it went straight to attack phase and I hit end. Thought it was kinda pointless to continue after that...

An in a game against TNS' CL that's currently going on and has spanned a couple days, I forgot that he Spied my Jacob Eldwyn 2 days ago and gave him Leah instead of the other 2 cards in my hand thinking "well, Leah is bad in the app anyway and I still have 2 good champs..."

Sigh.
    Last edited by killercactus; 07-08-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

I'm running like 14 games at the time so I have a lot going on. It's hard to stay focused on any one match. I think 16 is my limit.

Oh well, that's still keeping me ahead in the games played realm. 79 games and counting.

Edit:
    I'm setting a limitation for myself. I have to play each faction an equal number of times.

Faction - Games Played (Win Percentage)
    CG - 15 (53.33%)
    PE - 14 (85.71%) [1 game in progress]
    GD - 14 (85.71%)
    TO - 12 (66.67%)
    FK - 10 (70.00%) [1 game in progress]
    CL - 7 (28.57%) [4 games in progress]
    JE - 7 (57.14%) [1 game in progress]
    VG - 6 (50.00%) [5 games in progress]

I think it's kinda cool to do, and let's me be strong facing all kinds of factions.
    Last edited by thenightsshadow; 07-08-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    The night's shadow exists, not sleeping at all,
    The toil of the light is its only call,
    Behind the scenes lurking with shadowy gall,
    Its face never showing; height never too tall.

Without a cry wherein dissent finds respite,
    The multitudes safer in the billowing light,
    More likely than not to strike evil at night,
    Then silently vanishing to be out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    Joe, I forfeited our game because I accidentally ended my attack phase before attacking your 3 goblins, since I moved my lioness and it went straight to attack phase and I hit end. Thought it was kinda pointless to continue after that...
    Oooh, I see. Was wondering. Yeah I think with "extra phase" abilities it ends after you've done all you can. You could've let me finish it off though. I had another Goblin Rage in hand, and theoretically Horde Attack should've been close behind. 8 dice ftw!

My limit has been 6 games at once, always trying to use different factions. I'm gonna try to slow it down to 2-4 during the week though.
    Webmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Congruity View Post
    Kalon got possessed 4 games in a row. FOUR.
    Ouch. That's rough.

To Uncle Europe, Hatchet Jackson and Thenafter, I'll accept your invites very soon, don't withdraw them. Generally speaking, I know I can be a bit slow to accept invites, I just need a 24h break from playing once in a while

To Akden, sorry man, you must be mad losing like that... 6 dice on a fire beast and only two wounds... You had me otherwise, as I still did not draw a wall and didn't plan at all around Bragg. Good game!
    Last edited by Olivier; 01-31-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    Olivier
    (olivier2703)

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    To Uncle Europe, Hatchet Jackson and Thenafter, I'll accept your invites very soon, don't withdraw them. Generally speaking, I know I can be a bit slow to accept invites, I just need a 24h break from playing once in a while

To Akden, sorry man, you must be mad losing like that... 6 dice on a fire beast and only two wounds... You had me otherwise, as I still did not draw a wall and didn't plan at all around Bragg. Good game!
    Stupid wild swing! I can't believe I overlooked that the first time to give Grognack some free wounds, and then I just knew I would take out that fire beast. Nice game. Just a reminder of why dice make games fun.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast