Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: SW iOS Bugs/problems

Default SW iOS Bugs/problems

Hey all, I wanted to start a thread specifically for things users have noticed in the SW app that are not how they should be. (My condolences to those of you who still don't have it....)

Here's a few I've noticed:
    1: The biggest thus far, you cannot review what your opponent did on their turn on Pass n play. It seems to me to be a HUGE issue (supposing there is no way to review). It is impractical to watch your opponent take their turn, considering you'd be looking over their shoulder, and also see what's in their hand etc. Anyone else notice this?

2: The FK event "Dark Sacrifice" is not playable when you have no champion out. No one may mind but I often use it just to destroy my units without a champ involved. You also may not destroy more units than you have wounds on a champ. As I understand the card, the destroying commons is not dependent on the number of wounds on a champ you have.

3: Whenever trying to summon Elut Bal, it will always spend the magic if available. I forced summoned EB, and then attempted to discard one of my commons, only to find out that my two magic were already spent automatically.

These may be nitpicks, but just what I noticed.

Leah Goodwin only has 4 life.

killercactus is offline SW App Champion Summer 2015, but still do what he says.

AI Grognack uses WoIS on enemy walls, which is illegal.
    Latest Customs - KC's Customs

I need to update this signature. While I do that, go listen to A Doug's Guide to Summoner Wars - the podcast!

As I posted before, if a Zombie Warrior kills a Cultist, he doesn't get to Infect before the Death Curse comes in and kills the ZW.

iPad 1 - crash 100 percent reproducible - Notifications of the sort that appear along the top edge of the screen cause a crash. These include gamecenter notifications and emails and I assume any others. it's a very applicable issue considering how central gamecenter is to multiplayer.

iPad 1 - game doesn't start unless memory is clear and often a hard restart is required. Even the overebloated Magic 2013 isn't so stingy...though its pushing the limits of the device as well.

Dagger (cloaks) - grammar error on card text: 'then' should be 'than'
    Last edited by Happycat; 07-06-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by killercactus View Post
    AI Grognack uses WoIS on enemy walls, which is illegal.
    You mean it deals damage to enemy walls that are adjacent to your walls? Or it damages enemy units that are adjacent to enemy walls?

AI doesn't play by different rules, so you'd see this same behavior in hotseat or online play.

Quote Originally Posted by Setharillius View Post
    Here's a few I've noticed:
    1: The biggest thus far, you cannot review what your opponent did on their turn on Pass n play. It seems to me to be a HUGE issue (supposing there is no way to review). It is impractical to watch your opponent take their turn, considering you'd be looking over their shoulder, and also see what's in their hand etc. Anyone else notice this?
    Getting this to work correctly isn't any easy task given our current implementation of the game rules. I have a plan for how to make it work, but it didn't make the cut for launch. Hopefully it will get done for the first content update.

2: The FK event "Dark Sacrifice" is not playable when you have no champion out. No one may mind but I often use it just to destroy my units without a champ involved. You also may not destroy more units than you have wounds on a champ. As I understand the card, the destroying commons is not dependent on the number of wounds on a champ you have.
    The way the card is implemented, you need to drag it to the target champion in order to activate it. If there aren't any valid targets, there's no way to activate it. We can take a look at allowing you to destroy more units that the champion has wound markers, but being able to play it without a champion in play will probably have to remain like it is.

3: Whenever trying to summon Elut Bal, it will always spend the magic if available. I forced summoned EB, and then attempted to discard one of my commons, only to find out that my two magic were already spent automatically.
    Elut Bal's interface is a little awkward. When you Force Summon him, you need to drag Force Summon anywhere onto the play field. Then drag Elut Bal anywhere over the battlefield. Elut Bal will animate back into your hand. Now you can discard units to reduce cost. And then you can drag Elut Bal onto his summon location. It's done this way so you can remove a unit from the space that you want to summon Elut Bal onto. If you discard your commons first, it won't take cards from you magic pile.

If you cast Spy when opponent has less than 5 cards in draw pile it wont let me discard a card.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn3e View Post
    If you cast Spy when opponent has less than 5 cards in draw pile it wont let me discard a card.
    That's how it's supposed to work. It says in the FAQ:
    Q: What if my opponent has less than 5 cards in his Draw Pile when I use Spy?
    A: Do what the card says in the order that it says it. [This means that it's not a particularly effective card when there are less than 5 cards
    remaining, because the Discarding happens with the 5th card manipulated].

Quote Originally Posted by Strangiato View Post
    The way the card is implemented, you need to drag it to the target champion in order to activate it. If there aren't any valid targets, there's no way to activate it. We can take a look at allowing you to destroy more units that the champion has wound markers, but being able to play it without a champion in play will probably have to remain like it is.
    I ran into this problem. A big part of the card is being able to destroy your own units for magic. Could I suggest that you could allow activating it on your summoner. Negate the health gain but still allow for units to be destroyed?

My game freezes trying enter the online section.
    XPD is Selundar in CoRT: Hall of Statues
    XPD was Tark the Sand Goblin in CoRT XI: The Admiral's an Idiot

Link to Summoner Wars in iTunes

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast