Thread: Custom Monsters/Tiles

Default Custom Monsters/Tiles

Dungeon Run has such a free and rich world that you can custom a lot of things in it; sometimes different monsters and enviroments spawn in my head and I want to share some of them with you to get feedback on these ideas. As I delve more in the Itaria lore I will try to add more of them.

Some Considerations: When I think on a new thing is less because I think is cool and more about that is balanced and try to fix or improve something that I don't like, that's how my brain works.
    (?) Means that I'm not sure about a feature and would appreciate you opinion, but you can talk about anything in the variant.
    Last, you can also post your ideas if you feel inspired, let's make this thread fantastic!

Deep Troll Monster·Humanoid
    Rock Eater
    When this Deep Troll roams from a tile, put that tile into the bottom of the Tile Pile (just-in-case errata: This effect only applies if there are no heroes, monsters and Encounters in that tile)
    Inmune to Brawn(?)
    A:4(?)* P: 5·6 D:+5 E:+3 L:5

Notes: With this Monster I want to address the miss in some players that go in a straight line instead of creating secondary paths, and alsot that they aware of the public information that is the number of remaining tiles in the tile. (*) I tested as A:5 and I find it fun that way, but maybe I wanted to bring pain in the world and I set the bar to high, so I ended up reducing it, what are your thoughts?
    Exchange This for a Free Dinner in Hell

Seems really strong, but quite fun.

The immune to brawn maybe is too much. If you make a game with no magic character and you got that troll, he will eat all dungeon tiles and the game will be never ended.

But really fun ability.

Yeah, that's why I was hesitant to put it in there, but I thought that in a 2-player game the heroes would be revealing 3/4 tiles per round while the Troll only will take 1, and I wanted to give him something that will make you flee from him so he can use his ability, but yeah it could be scratched that completely.

The problem that I have with that monster effect is that it doesn't stop the players for playing bad but totally punish them after the bad play was done. It kinda reminds me of 'Uber' when you stray too far from other heroes. In this case if a player go too long on straight line and the monster pop up from another hero, the players can conspire to quickly deplete all the tiles to let the single hero surrounded with only void. You may turn back if they don't kill the Troll after the Boss has pooped out, but it wouldn't be funny to that to happen.

You say it's strong, but do you think his stats are powercreeped? I just look at the other troll and make it almost the same, giving it less evasion and more defense for the reasons stated.
    Exchange This for a Free Dinner in Hell