Thread: Well Done

Default Well Done

A couple friends and I were playing a friendly game one evening. We have a perma-wounds variant that I'll explain in another thread.

Any way, we always lay it on pretty thick with the roleplaying, so Fourth Vessel (Played by Knight of Scape) was deciding his actions completely randomly, and his brother (Stabbins) kept attacking him. I gave Birodin a verbal tic; he kept saying "well done" at the beginning or middle or end of his sentences. Stabbins and 4 managed to kill each other off (provoking the line "Well done. You've proven that you're morons. I would have believed you had you merely told me," from me.) I spent the next 15-20 turns farming the den for XP. I proceeded to one shot the boss, with the forbidden tome, and leave the dungeon with all of the artefacts in my possession, nearly all of my abilities thanks to an early fast learner, and ALL of the Magic Level Up tokens.
    I imagine you can guess what my final remark was upon leaving the dungeon, but I'll elaborate anyway.

"Well Done."

There's nothing much to say, Well Done, indeed.

Since your group heavily endorse roleplaying, I assume you love the game and that you know eachother well to trash eachother like that.

Do you think that the outcome of that game would influence future matches on this setup or at least against you as adversary?
    Exchange This for a Free Dinner in Hell

Not particularly.
    When my friends and I play Dungeon Run, we largely do not play to win. At all.
    The thing that makes Dungeon Run a casual game, and the reason that I think you shouldn't care about winning it at all, is the fact that game play is almost completely random, and requires very little strategical thinking.
    Dungeon Run is very, very much a game that you should only play with very good friends, because you will usually have a good deal of in-jokes, and other assorted idiosyncrasies. One thing to remember is that, while the general goal of the game is to get to the summoning stone, you don't really need to have that as YOUR personal goal. For example, more than half the time, when Knight of Scape is playing a more noble character (Such as Addolgar Vayne) he won't even try to get the summoning stone if someone else kills the boss. Now, if he should get the opportunity, he will still go for the stone, but he always stays in character, which is nice and a lot of fun. There has also been at least one game where we continued the game after the stone left the Dungeon, because two characters had a quarrel of some sort that would have gone unresolved.

Ahhh! Friendship IS Magic.

Although we may not have equal thoughts, I concur that this game plays it best on a close game group, that know each other for sometime, and that you can accomplish your winning and having fun the way you want. And it certainly seems you acomplished this on your session! Well Done
    Exchange This for a Free Dinner in Hell